Valued Contributor

Does a photo have to be "online" somewhere or can we copy and paste. So far copy and paste hasn't worked for me.

Thank you!

Valued Contributor

bump

Honored Contributor

Me either I am on a Macbook and fairly computer literate and can not figure it out what so ever

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

If a picture is online, it's easy because you just right-click on it and select "copy image" and then paste it in here.

If it's not and you have an URL, you can upload to a site like PhotoBucket. Once you've done that, then of the four options given, choose the HTML link (I use the thumb version). Here's an example:

photo images_zps2aa62de0.jpeg

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

The photo is on my desktop, one of my own. I've copied and pasted, and I get a blue square with a question mark. I can see the photo before I hit "submit".

Honored Contributor
On 7/29/2014 seehorse said:

The photo is on my desktop, one of my own. I've copied and pasted, and I get a blue square with a question mark. I can see the photo before I hit "submit".

Okay, then you need to upload it to a photo-sharing site like Photobucket. That's because you need a link. It's very easy to use PB; I do it all the time. You'll be able to upload a picture that's on your desktop. In fact, that's often where I first save pics in order to do just that.

Once you upload it, then you're given the different options for downloading depending upon where you want it to go. For this site, use the link I mentioned in my last reply.

Other than that, I don't know of any way to do it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

SusyQ3,

Thank you so much. I was able to use Photobucket (very easy to use!) and place my photo in another thread.

Honored Contributor
On 7/30/2014 seehorse said:

SusyQ3,

Thank you so much. I was able to use Photobucket (very easy to use!) and place my photo in another thread.

Woohoo. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} It's a good feeling when you finally are able to get something like that to work.

Honored Contributor

I have never used Photobucket. I use Tiny Pic to upload a photo from my desktop.

Valued Contributor
On 7/30/2014 Nightowlz said:

I have never used Photobucket. I use Tiny Pic to upload a photo from my desktop.

Nightowlz,

OK! Another way! Thanks!