Super Contributor

Best Cleanser that's gentle but won't break the bank

What have you found to be the best cleaser to remove all your makeup gently, leave your skin moisturized and like a baby's bottom yet isn't super expensive? Any anti-aging cleansers?

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Cleanser that's gentle but won't break the bank

Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil. I buy it on Amazon. It cleans thoroughly and gets all my eye makeup off, but leaves my face soft and not at all tight. You only need a couple of pumps so the bottle lasts a long time.

Super Contributor

I love Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Cleanser. I recently tried something else and boy did I miss it. Her site is currently having a 25% off sale on cleansers and toners. My skin is on the dry side. This cleanser is like a lotion consistency. It does change a little when you add water but it doesn't foam which can really dry your skin. I like to put it on dry skin or slightly damp if I'm in the shower. I massage it around, add water, massage some more and then rinse it off. One of the things I love most about it is how gentle it is around my eyes. I really work it around to make sure I get all my eye makeup off and it has never stung my eyes. I can actually open my eyes with it on and no irritation. Fabulous Cleanser!!!

Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice is color, fragrance free and no animal testing. She has several cleansers to choose from depending on your skin. Products are guaranteed for 60 days and you will not have to return the product. Their customer service is awesome. I've been using her products since 1995! Also, check out her Beautypedia (website) for recommendations of dept/deptstore products.

Honored Contributor

I have been using Neutrogena's Pore Refining facial cleanser. Will not dry out your skin. Leaves skin very clean and soft. Under $10. I used other cleansers but they would leave a film in the sink so I thought I would give Neutrogena a try & it has alpha hydroxy that all the ladies on the board rave about.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

On 7/28/2014 KatCat1 said:

I have been using Neutrogena's Pore Refining facial cleanser. Will not dry out your skin. Leaves skin very clean and soft. Under $10. I used other cleansers but they would leave a film in the sink so I thought I would give Neutrogena a try & it has alpha hydroxy that all the ladies on the board rave about.

Hi KatCat1! Will this remove eyemake up as well?

Frequent Contributor

Dove Beauty Bar...white. I am so mad that I spent years and oodles of money on cleansers when this has been in my shower the whole time. I used it out of desperation when I ran out of cleanser. After two days, I realized I should have been using it all along.
Super Contributor

Cetaphil or Neutrogena foaming cleanser.

Regular Contributor

On 7/28/2014 LuvMyBoxer said: Dove Beauty Bar...white. I am so mad that I spent years and oodles of money on cleansers when this has been in my shower the whole time. I used it out if desperation when I ran out of cleanser. After two days, I realized I should have been using it all along.

Another vote for DOVE beauty bar,basic white version. Softly cleans skin,leaves no residue,gentle on the eye-makeup removal. Great for all over cleansing.

Honored Contributor

My favorites are Albolene and Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm. Both balms get off all my makeup and leave my skin soft and hydrated. Neither has caused breakouts. I'm thrilled with both of them and they're both very affordable. The Boots balm is under $9 for 2.3 ounces and the Albolene is around $14 for 12 ounces.

I need to take a little extra time to follow up with a cotton bud if I had waterproof mascara on, but they each get almost all of it off without a lot of effort and if I'm not wearing waterproof mascara, it takes everything off easily.