Respected Contributor

I surprisingly found a cheap drugstore strengthening shampoo/conditioner that does not dry out my hair!

For a few years now I pretty much been using salon brands exclusively for drugstore brands would leave my hair dry and breakage I usually stock up during the beautybrands sale. I thought I would give regular brands a try so I tried Dove repair, Tresemme Platinum Strong both left my hair dry and stiff {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}then I tried Pantene Beautiful lengths and Garnier Damage Eraser which was better than the first two but still my hair got overly dry as the day progressed {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I was at walmart and noticed Suave had a Paul Mitchell SuperStrong "dupe" called Split End Rescue And since the shampoo and conditioner was under $5 all together for a big bottle I picked it up and tried it today. I am very surprised that my hair came out very good. Not as good as my salon brands but 10x better than the garnier and pantene I tried. its hours later and my ends are not dry. I also noticed Suave now has a Nexxus and Pureology dupe but i do not remember the names.

So if you want to to try something good at a drugstore cost or can no longer afford your salon brands I would recommend this.

Someone once made a comment on the boards that I look down on people that use drugstore brands. That is not so. I highly promote salon stuff for they work better for me. I am 100% supportive of what ever works.

/></p>

Valued Contributor

Re: I surprisingly found a cheap drugstore strengthening shampoo/conditioner that does not dry out my hair!

LOVE Suave products!!! Happy to hear you found something that works wonders for you!!

Respected Contributor

Re: I surprisingly found a cheap drugstore strengthening shampoo/conditioner that does not dry out my hair!

Suave makes excellent shampoos & conditioners. I love the macadamia nut formula.

Esteemed Contributor

Most of the time, when u buy expensive brands of products --- the price is high due to their endless advertising (commercials, print, etc) or packaging. I buy all my make-up and hair products from Walmart or Costco. So simple!!!!!

Honored Contributor

It's great that you found something that works for you. Personally, I only use name brand drug store brands and Avon. I particularly like Dove products. I'm not knocking the expensive, elite products. I just don't think they are any more effective than less expensive brands.

Super Contributor

Hey KC! I am going to give it a try. Whatever works, right?

Respected Contributor

On 7/27/2014 chrystaltree said:

It's great that you found something that works for you. Personally, I only use name brand drug store brands and Avon. I particularly like Dove products. I'm not knocking the expensive, elite products. I just don't think they are any more effective than less expensive brands.

I am the opposite, lol the big salon brands always outperformed drugstore, for me at least. I love my salon brands. lol AVON is good. its been ages since i tried AVON shampoos but they are surprisingly good

Respected Contributor

On 7/27/2014 brandiwine said:

Suave makes excellent shampoos & conditioners. I love the macadamia nut formula.

I wanted to try that but i did not like the smell.

Super Contributor

I just used L'Oreal Everpure, their sulfate-free line and my hair is like straw.

The Herbal Essences Color Me Happy CC finally came to a store near me. Loved it the first time, WOW, after swimming in salt water, I used the HE CC and my hair looked and felt incredible. Second time, I got oily very quickly and frizzy.

The only line that really worked well was the Coppola sulfate-free for post-Keratin treatments. Very watery consistency.

Respected Contributor

Glad you found something that works for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder