Respected Contributor

Why Are Beauty Creams Still...

put in jar packaging? I hate jar packaging and only buy in the tube.

However, there are some beauty lines I would like to try if only the creams were in a tube.

Ugh!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Are Beauty Creams Still...

I know what you mean. Certainly jars can look fancier, but they aren't the best choice for preserving the freshness the actual product. I do use some jarred items, but would much prefer it if they came in a tube. For my jarred items, I do use a little spatula. It helps, but it's not perfect.

Super Contributor

On the other hand, I do not buy creams in tubes. With my arthritis I cannot squeeze the tubes, the only thing that I buy in tubes is foundations and sunscreens, basically because there is very little choice in those categories. My fingers are clean when I use the jarred creams so I am not worried about germs.

Regular Contributor

It's a deal breaker to use jar packaging. Antioxidants aren't stable in jars.
Honored Contributor

That's a valid point, redtabby. I think there are little tube squeezing helpers out there, but it would probably depend on the users dexterity, if they were able to turn a knob.

Super Contributor

It's not a deal breaker for me but I do prefer tubes. I use a spatula for my products that are in a jar.

Honored Contributor

I don't like jar packaging either for many reasons. And there are people who can't open jars very well due to arthritis, etc so it shouldn't matter regarding that as you will never be able to accommodate everyone's issues. Therefore maintaining the efficacy of the ingredients should be the number one consideration in packaging since that is what we are paying for!

Esteemed Contributor

What's the benefit of the tube over the jars, or vice versa? Also, why use a spatula?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

you cant get everything out of a tube, I prefer jars but not going to get nuts over it

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 HonnyBrown said:

What's the benefit of the tube over the jars, or vice versa? Also, why use a spatula?

use a spatula so you don't stick yr fingers in it and also don't get product under yr. nails if they are longer