Respected Contributor

Just read in "Allure" magazine that blondes should be cautious about using argan oil on their hair.

It said it contains carotenoids, which may discolor the hair to orange.

It was said it was temporary, but could take a few shampoos to wash out.

Thought that was interesting since it is frequently used in hair care products now.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

We're they speaking of argan oil alone? In most products I doubt there is a huge amount of argan oil. It would make sense if they were referring to using it on its own.

Honored Contributor

JM and all others who sell pure Argan oil do tout it as being excellent for hair, so this, if true, is interesting. After applying to my face, I always put the rest on my hair. But I light brown hair, so I'm not going to worry about it. Smile

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info, Hyacinth. Only recently started using Josie's and really love it. Will avoid getting it in my hair.

Respected Contributor
On 7/27/2014 myshell624 said:

We're they speaking of argan oil alone? In most products I doubt there is a huge amount of argan oil. It would make sense if they were referring to using it on its own.

They referred to ""pure argan oil.""

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I'm blonde and use it on my hair but have never had it change color. Maybe they were talking about true bleach blondes.

Trusted Contributor

That is interesting, hyacinth. I've not noticed any orange tinting of my hair yet, but will watch for it. TY.

Super Contributor

Good Grief people another complaint? All it means is it has a color caused by natural Carotene. Its yellow. It is another alarmist article. How much alarmist stuff can you take seriously? Living can kill you. Try living and worrying less.