Valued Contributor

Principal Secret Advanced Cleanser - Any dupes?

So, is anyone still using the Principal Secret Advanced cleanser? I have been buying mine on Ebay but it is getting harder to find and the sellers are catching on to the "supply/demand" and charging a lot. I really like everything about this cleanser, scent, performance, makeup removal, everything. Has anyone "moved on" and using something else? I've tried Purity and it's ok.

Any recommendations?

Thanks-

Michelle

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Principal Secret Advanced Cleanser - Any dupes?

I've been using Reclaim ever since she debuted this. And I loved the Advanced and the original Spa as well. I have not been able to find any comparable to VP cleansers, that removes eye makeup, doesn't strip skin and gently, yet thoroughly cleanses skin.

I wish I did, because I would love to have some kind of backup in case I run out before my next order comes. I just order from the catalog.

Contributor

Hi Michelle - I have been using Principal Secret in all the Lines ever since it came out. Are you a club member? The advanced cleanser is still available at $17.95 each for club members. I think if you ordered the smallest customized club member kit you would need to purchase at least three products but you could buy three cleansers for $49.95 and freight of about $7 (and possibly sales tax depending on where you live).

Trusted Contributor

I use Paula's Choice (online). It is color and fragrance free and no animal testing. Right now all cleaners and toners are 25% off. Her products are guaranteed for 60 days or money back. You won't even have to send the product back. Also, her website Beautypedia gives many reviews on dept/drugstore products. I've been using her products since 1995!! Awesome customer service. Once I received 2 of a product when I only ordered one. I did not have to send it back but they told me to keep it.

Super Contributor

Does Principal Secret still offer their ""Advanced Line"" or is it all ""Reclaim"" now?

Respected Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Poppet1 said:

Does Principal Secret still offer their "Advanced Line" or is it all "Reclaim" now?

I looked last week for something in the Advanced line, but it's been discontinued. I liked it better than Reclaim.

Super Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

Does Principal Secret still offer their "Advanced Line" or is it all "Reclaim" now?

I looked last week for something in the Advanced line, but it's been discontinued. I liked it better than Reclaim.

Hi Sunshine Kate! What did you like better about the Advanced line over Reclaim?

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

I just got her latest catalog yesterday, and Advanced has not been discontinued. It looks like, though, her color cosmetics are being discontinued. No more Reclaim pressed powder, which I did like....c'est la vie!

Honored Contributor

I've been using her Advanced Cleanser for 20 years. I buy it directly from her club, 7 tubes at a time. I have a shipment on the way to me now. If it's ever discontinued, I swear I'll cry. It's just the best cleanser.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Has anyone had a problem with the Principal Secret CS line answering back emails? Reminds me of Temptations....not good. Have emailed serveral questions but no answers rec'd back as of yet. UGH