Super Contributor

Dimitri always talks about how silicones are not good in skincare yet his orchid gel is very heavy with cones. The first two ingredients are cyclomethicone and dimethicone. Plus there's a third cone later in the formula. So why are they good in this but not good in anything else??

My skin doesn't tolerate silicones well so I'm just curious if any of you with sensitive skin can use the orchid gel without any breakouts?

Regular Contributor
I can't explain why, but it does NOT make my sensitive (acne prone at times) skin break out. I carry it with me for touch ups, over using powder.
Esteemed Contributor
I used to only use Laura Geller's Spackle, but after trying Skinn's Orchid Gel, I haven't gone back to Spackle since. Orchid Gel is the best primer I ever used. Won't be without it.
Contributor
On 7/26/2014 BlingQueen022 said: I used to only use Laura Geller's Spackle, but after trying Skinn's Orchid Gel, I haven't gone back to Spackle since. Orchid Gel is the best primer I ever used. Won't be without it.

I agree , I really like the orchid gel mush better. I am not a big makeup wearer and I have the tinted one from a few month ago ,a lot of times it is all I need

Regular Contributor
I like how Dimitri applied it with the foundation brush too!
Esteemed Contributor
On 7/26/2014 bscandle said:
On 7/26/2014 BlingQueen022 said: I used to only use Laura Geller's Spackle, but after trying Skinn's Orchid Gel, I haven't gone back to Spackle since. Orchid Gel is the best primer I ever used. Won't be without it.

I agree , I really like the orchid gel mush better. I am not a big makeup wearer and I have the tinted one from a few month ago ,a lot of times it is all I need

Hi there bscandle! I received the tinted one in a kit he offered and how right you are, sometimes I also just use that with a little blush and out the door I go.
Respected Contributor

I think most people love this one. I haven't tried it, because i think it's similar to or the same as Daisy Gel from his Parthena days. I got cystic acne from that one, and I'm not acne prone. However, because it seems to be great for so many, you should try it… You might just love it!

Esteemed Contributor

Silicone has been the main ingredient in any primer I've used. I have used orchid gel for a year now with no problems. I just ordered the trio this morning. He has different ones, Bright Side is my favorite. You use very little to cover your entire face.

Super Contributor
On 7/26/2014 pupcakes said:

Silicone has been the main ingredient in any primer I've used. I have used orchid gel for a year now with no problems. I just ordered the trio this morning. He has different ones, Bright Side is my favorite. You use very little to cover your entire face.

I think most companies use silicones for the "slip", right? I agree that I have never used a primer that didn't rely heavily on silicones in it's ingredient deck. Just curious - does anyone know of a primer without silicones?

Respected Contributor
On 7/26/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 7/26/2014 pupcakes said:

I think most companies use silicones for the "slip", right? I agree that I have never used a primer that didn't rely heavily on silicones in it's ingredient deck. Just curious - does anyone know of a primer without silicones?

Why, yes, I do. 100% Pure Luminous Primer and I just rec'd mine after ordering during the 20% off sale. I've used it for three days and like it a lot. Often silicones give me trouble and cause deep, cyst like acne. I've stayed away from primers because of that.