Super Contributor

Disgusted with ShopHQ - Rant

I was excited to order my first Skinn cosmetics. I've ordered from SHQ only by phone in the past but wanted to place my first on-line order so I could use the 10% Coupon Code form retailmenot.com (thanks to the person who mentioned this on another thread!).

I tried to set up an on-line account. It wouldn't let me even though there was a section for "Phone Customers." I spoke to a customer service rep who did something on her end then instructed me to sign in with a new PW, which I did.

Long story short...I was able to place the order BUT then saw I had a new Customer #. Now I have two different customer #'s -- the old one that appeared on my phone order invoices and now this second one.

I called PayPal and requested they cancel the order. Why? Because the nitwits at SHQ couldn't even find my Skinn order 30 minutes later! I would have had them cancel both the order as well as the second Customer #.

Then I called SHQ back one hour later to advise them that PayPal had cancelled the order. They still didn't show my Skinn order or my second Customer # in their records. This third rep told me "We have system problems that we need to investigate." I asked if they could honor the $2.99 sh and the 10% if this takes a while to resolve. She said yes on the sh but couldn't guarantee the 10%

This isn't the first problem I've had with them. I'm fed up and don't trust them. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

tx.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disgusted with ShopHQ - Rant

I had something similar happen with ShopHQ. I rarely shop anymore with them, so it's not an issue. I always found their service to be lacking......QVC customer service and "systems" are far better.
Super Contributor

I'm so sorry you had such a poor experience with ShopHQ. {#emotions_dlg.sad} FWIW - I've had nothing but good customer service with them - even in a couple of cases where they really didn't need to go out of their way to help me.

For example, they refunded me for the Collagenesis Deep Wrinkle Eraser Duo, even after the 30 day return window had expired. The applicator tip broke off about 2 months after I purchased it, and CS offered to refund it because of the defective packaging. I didn't even have to raise a ruckus (lol), they offered on the spot.

I do hope they decide to honor your 10% off. Good Luck!

Frequent Contributor

I've had a lot of issues with them, too. I got them resolved, but, it took a lot of effort.

Super Contributor

Well, thanks for sharing everyone. CM - I'm glad they helped you out.

I think the biggest part of my anger has to do with the security of my account now. I'm not in the habit of setting up online accounts for anything. I don't pay my bills online. So when something like this happens, all I can think of is it's going to cause me identity/security problems down the line. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Super Contributor

I'm surprised you actually got through to a real live person. I usually give up before I have a stroke. And I've grown to hate Carmella's voice!

Respected Contributor

I somehow got two accounts also, and ended up with an auto-delivery item that I thought I had cancelled. I returned it without issue… they paid the postage. I have no complaints, since they've always resolved any issues I've had quickly and graciously.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I have been shopping with them since Value Vision and have never had a problem. I think I placed my first order with them by phone but after that it's always been online. I didn't end up with two account numbers.

Honored Contributor

Frustrating. But people aren't perfect and computer systems aren't perfect. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Respected Contributor

I have a love hate relationship with them lol..

For years I loved them..bought fantastic gold at fantastic prices..thanks to those prices I have a nice collection I could never afford now..18K gold..20 bucks a gram etc. I shopped my jewelry box on Friday and work a 13 gram 18K gorgeous cuff bracelet..that I paid $199..

This winter I found my way to their site just perusing and found four pair of earrings I liked..I had them in my cart and SH was $2.99..I got side tracked forgot to order them and did the next day..well didn't pay attention just placed the order.

It was my own fault but it shocked me that I was charged almost $34 for SH...I didn't realize it but the 2.99 was a promotion that expired at Midnight..

I did complain after they arrived together in the same bag just left in my mail box...several hundreds of dollars of earrings? I sent a letter and complained...and I had a email conversation with them and they did refund some of the money.

Granted I fully said it was my own fault for not paying attention when I clicked the order..thinking it was 2.99 but the way they just mailed them out..left them in a open mailbox..and twice in past years I have had stuff stolen from them..you could tell the package had be sliced and taped. They refunded my money but I had to fill out paperwork..

I ordered five things on Monday..I paid attention to the SH charges but was willing to pay the 5.99 as I wanted the stuff..going on vacation soon and I wanted it.

Imagine my surprise when I received five separate shipping notifications..they shipped everything separate..

When they were SNBC..I spent thousands with them on stuff..sheets that were fantastic..leather jackets..gold