Contributor

I have very thin hair that is flat against my head. My hairdresser dyes my hair to cover grey then adds a lot of highlights to give me body. About 2 weeks after this my hair looks BAD. My hair is flat again no matter what volumizer I use (I have so many my br looks like a store). Am I just dreaming here or is there somethng to make the hair cuticle stand up again?

I know conditioner makes the hair cuticle lie flat to shine and smooth it. I never use conditioner (I know I should but in 30 years I have learned I cannot...period) and any product that makes the hair smooth is my enemy.

Help... if anyone can.

Respected Contributor
I use Jonathan Products ""Dirt"" to style and give my short fine hair volume and a piecy style.
Regular Contributor
I also hope someone will reply with a solution. I wish I could recover every dollar I spent on promises. NOTHING so far has worked except my own method of styling from understanding my hair's limitations. I keep my hair clean without conditioner and tightly curled with a curling iron that eventually results in limp curls and no lift. I keep it in a bob with a stacked back. The shorter I keep it; the better it behaves.
Respected Contributor

I have very thick, heavy hair and it lays flat on the crown due to weight. The grass isn't greener.

Valued Contributor

I am just happy to have hair! Receding hairline, frizzy, thin, and awful though it is. Whenever I am really discouraged I just remember there are many people worse off than I am. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

ps - still keep looking for the perfect product though...

Honored Contributor
Mine is fine, short limp no body. A good cut, color help. Nexus comb-thru hair spray then sleeping on it helps. More spray. A keratin product powder, sold to me by my stylist, wonders."Eclipse" Not miracles--just wonders
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor
L'oreal advanced hair care thickening shampoo supposedly thickens each hair strand from the inside out. According to the manufacturer, the thickening effects are cumulative. edited to change a word.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

Fine baby hair is ALL about the CUT . I find a good layered cut, plus daily washing and light conditioning then blow dry with a round brush is my best look. IMO - you just can't have long hair when your hair is very fine.It will look flat and unkept all the time. My fine hair is in a short, layered cut - and due to not using a ton of products(which will never do what they say they will) and not processing it - dyes or perms - it is healthy and shiny. I can be content with that. it is best to not have expectations that will never come about.

Contributor

Thank you to everyone. Yes I know there are people with worse hair than mine but am always looking to see if there are any new things I might have missed. I have hair just long enough for a poney tail because I don't want to take the time to style it and see it awful in 30 minutes or less. I do not like short hair because my chubby face looks even more chubby! I have used mudd's but they make my hair more oily...oh did I mention it is also ver oily?? LOL. I appreciate the note of the loreal product with fibers...I will look for it.

Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

Nick Chavez has quite a few shampoos and conditioners to add volume to the hair. There's his Advanced Volume shampoo and conditioner. That one says it's good for removing styling product residue and build-up without stripping color. It also says it'll help fine, limp fragile hair become volumized.

Then there's Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Style Booster Glaze. This isn't a shampoo or conditioner. It's a glaze. It says that it helps guard against humidity and frizz, and says that it's great for thin hair, thinning hair, thick hair with heaviness at the crown and won't make the hair stiff, sticky or flake.

There's also also Nick Chavez SoftFlocker. That's a styling cream and it says it adds volume without weight or oiliness.

Last, there's Nick Chavez Volumizing shampoo and conditioner. It says that this one is especially good for fine and thin hair.

I haven't used these, but I did use Nick Chavez Yucca Root shampoo and conditioner, and that worked really well for my hair. So, hope you find something that works well for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder