Valued Contributor

LOVE Nordstrom-Hate the way they consistently ship my stuff.

Hi Ladies,

Nordstrom is probably my fave store. No, I'm not a high-volume shopper there, but I do appreciate the free shipping on the website AND the wonderful CS I usually receive in-store. However, this week I received my Anniversary items and 5-6 small things came in 3-4 different boxes. One box-Are you ready for this?-contained the 3 FREE SAMPLE packets that came with my order. A box, about 10 x8 (???) contained 3 items that could have fit in a very small envelope.

Not a huge gripe, but still. I love so much about this store, the philosophy of good CS behind their success, but I DO NOT love their packing and shipping of items.

That is all. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

Re: LOVE Nordstrom-Hate the way they consistently ship my stuff.

Does anyone else receive their items this way from Nordies???

Esteemed Contributor

My things always come very nicely packed. This year I only ordered a pair of boots. They had cardboard inserts & nice tissue separating the boots. The box had a band around it & tucked inside another shipping box. I love the way they ship, unlike other shopping sites everything always arrives nice. And it's FREE, so why complain.

Valued Contributor

Hi Pupcakes--

Listen, I am not complaining about the Free Shipping! I love Free Shipping!{#emotions_dlg.wub} And I've been a long-time Nordstrom shopper. The reason I mention it AT ALL is that I assumed that they would be aware and conscious of the environmental impact of so much STUFF, so many added boxes, brown paper. I should have made it clear that I was not complaining b/c it was/is a "hassle" for me. Rather, I think it seems a little outdated and silly to ship this way.

When ordering from Amazon, for instance, they group as many of your items together as they can. Especially convenient if everything is coming from Amazon directly, and not from an outside company they are connected with.

Esteemed Contributor

My items come beautifully from Nordies & the free ship, returns & CS is just the best.

How nice that they made sure you got your freebies!!

I like the items to come separately, especially from different departments or not.

No complaints from me.

Honored Contributor

I once got a watch strap in a box the size of a shoe box.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Wow, okay. Well, maybe I'm the only one who finds it weird that a huge online retailer would choose to use a bunch of boxes to ship a few, small items? I find it strange that this doesn't strike anyone as odd. It's like getting a set of pens delivered in a washing machine box. Just seems wasteful to me.

Glad everyone likes their stuff. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/26/2014 glmama said:

Hi Pupcakes--

Listen, I am not complaining about the Free Shipping! I love Free Shipping!{#emotions_dlg.wub} And I've been a long-time Nordstrom shopper. The reason I mention it AT ALL is that I assumed that they would be aware and conscious of the environmental impact of so much STUFF, so many added boxes, brown paper. I should have made it clear that I was not complaining b/c it was/is a "hassle" for me. Rather, I think it seems a little outdated and silly to ship this way.

When ordering from Amazon, for instance, they group as many of your items together as they can. Especially convenient if everything is coming from Amazon directly, and not from an outside company they are connected with.

Amazon treats their workers very poorly, only give you 30 days exactly to return and some of their items come rough and look like the left overs. Not a fan of the company at all. They have been given a big government contract, I think to help report on consumers or maybe they purchased the Washington Post and it's a big conflict of interest.

Many of Nordies items come directly from the vendor and not the store.

Esteemed Contributor

gl, tell them your concerns. They listen to their customers; you know that!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

On 7/26/2014 glmama said:

Hi Pupcakes--

A lot of the online orders come from Cedar Rapids, IA. Mine usually always come together in one box if I order all at one time. However, when I do place another order the same day or later, of course they come in separate boxes. Also, if you order via phone from your local store, they come separate.

Comparing Amazon & Nordstrom is apples & oranges.