Super Contributor

Are SKINN products good quality/results? low price of TS makes me leery & I don't know how to evaluate ingredient decks

Hello! I've never tried this brand and am wondering for those who have what your thoughts are on the TS. Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Re: Are SKINN products good quality/results? low price of TS makes me leery & I don't know how to evaluate ingredient decks

I'm fairly new to Skinn. I've tried 2 items in the kit, the oil and the Dermappeal. I wanted to love the Dermappeal, but it really made my skin feel like it was burning. I never thought I had sensitive skin before, but I'm guessing it wasn't pleased with the peppermint. The oil is definitely worth the price of the kit! I love it. It's a nice light oil, though it moisturizers really well. It has a floral scent, so if you don't like floral, you probably won't like it. I'm excited to try his cleansers and the hand cream.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are SKINN products good quality/results? low price of TS makes me leery & I don't know how to evaluate ingredient decks

I don't care for the dermapeel either, but it works great on taking dry flakey skin off feet. I only use it for that.
Trusted Contributor

I'm wondering about it too. I have very dry,sensitive skin and not sure it is worth a try or not??? I think I would use the products on my body, but not sure about my face except for the cleansers. Hope you get feedback from those knowledgeable about ingredients. Thanks for starting this thread!

Respected Contributor

I have used quite a few products of the Skinn line and his quality is pretty good. You have to order according to your own needs. Dermapeel doesn't work for me, but I gift it to my BFF who can use it. The Collagenesis line is good, esp. eye and face stem regen. The vacuum mask is good as well as the wrinkle soak. I don't use his color cosmetics, but love this lips 6xserum and balm. tart w/his cleansers, which are excellent.

Regular Contributor

It's a great price for the oil alone! The oil is so nourishing and smells like a sweet green tea. I wish he sold it in gallon size. Really like the Olive Oil Cleanser. Very soothing. Great as a mask too. Did not like the Day cleanser. Too harsh on my sensitive skin. The Dermapeel is strong: peppermint oil/scent and grainy. But it does smooth out those forehead lines! I just go real easy with the amount I use and gently rub it in. Also great for feet! I've never used his hand cream, but it does have good reviews. So in conclusion (haha) this is a great deal for me. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

Best makeup primer goes to Skinn in my book. It's called Orchid Gel. It's the best I've used and won't be without it.
Honored Contributor

Skinn is a line with great integrity. Not all products will work for everyone, but for those of us that know how to evaluate ingredients, I dont think you can beat his quality for the money. Give it a try!!! Dimitri has been bringing fine quality products to TV since Parthena back in the 90's on HSN. The kit with all of the Stem Rejen is an excellent deal too, and top of line products in there. Proudly made in the USA!!

FYI, Retailmenot.com has a 10% off SHQ coupon posted, valid on an entire order.

Trusted Contributor

I've tried some of his products in the past, liked them well enough but wasn't blown away enough to want to repurchase.

I took a quick look at the TSV. The olive/enzyme cleaner would be a poor choice for people with oily, acne prone skin, imho. The olive oil and avocado oil in the ingredients are way too high in oleic acid for oily, acne prone skin. Plus, the papaya and orange oil are potential skin irritants.

The sulfate-free cleanser looks ok, except for the lavender and peppermint oils, potential skin irritants. You can buy sulfate-free cleansers at the drugstore.

I've always found the enzyme masks with papaya and pineapple to be really irritating to my skin, so I have zero interest in the Dermapeel. Plus, it has lavender and peppermint in it, more potential skin irritants.

That leaves the body oil and hand cream. I have zero interest in those two products because I have plenty of the same types of products in my bathroom cabinet, waiting to be used, lol.

Honored Contributor

Free shipping if you spend $75 on beauty.