Regular Contributor

Since I have been using SSC retinol serum and applying their glycolic cream on afterwards, I get balling up of product. Shouldn't the serum go on first even though this brand is kind of thick? Also does anyone know if the alphahydrox souffe cream is better than SSC's. TIA

Valued Contributor

Re: Retinol and glycolic cream

the retinol serum, you mean the "A Force XR" serum right? I have that and I don't think it's thick at all. You are most likely using too much. The serum you should only be using a pea size amount for your entire face.

There is a video on this page, you can take a look to see on how to apply.

i'm thinking that the glycolic cream you are talking about is the "Retexturizing Glycolic Cream Extreme Renewal" ? That you should only use a dime or less amount on your face. I'd suggest to use a lot less on your face. I use both and have never had them ball up on me. Also wait a good 60-90seconds after you apply the serum to put on the cream, make sure the serum is 100% dry before you apply cream.

Super Contributor

Re: Retinol and glycolic cream

I don't know if the Alpha Hydrox is better than SSC (haven't used the SSC) but I really like the Alpha Hydrox souffle. For me, gentle, non-drying, nice application and teture.

And Caitlin may be right -- when my products ball it's USUALLY because I've been using too much. Also, not waiting long enough in between products.