Frequent Contributor
Wen or Alterna? I have aging hair I need something for shine, softness, volume, etc. I need some suggestions? Thanks
Honored Contributor

I use Alterna and love it. I've never tried Wen but wouldn't think it would give a lot of volume.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor
NickNack, how long does one bottle last you? I would get it but it's kinda expensive!
Super Contributor

For me it's definitely Alterna. Wen caused skin irritation and hair loss for me. Love Alterna! Alterna actually costs me less than Wen as a little goes a long way. I look for sales online and have sometimes found sets on the discount rack at Ulta.

Frequent Contributor
Ok thanks, Cassiem, I will give it a try! Where is the best place to buy it?
Honored Contributor
On 7/25/2014 gogirlfriend said: NickNack, how long does one bottle last you? I would get it but it's kinda expensive!

I'm not really sure, but I wash my hair every other day and it lasts a long time. Sephora and Ulta both sell it. I think you would love it. The Caviar is great, but the Bamboo is really good too and is a little less expensive.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor
I haven't tried Wen but I love the Alterna shampoo and conditioner, epecially the contioner. They make my hair soft and shiny. I also think my hair seems thicker. Sometimes Amazon has sets that are the best price. Otherwise, wait for discounts from Ulta or Sephora, usually 20%. Hope this helps.
Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

Alterna, esp. the Caviar line!

Respected Contributor

Alterna will last longer wen is not worth the money. i get better results with normal shampoo.

Frequent Contributor
I've used both and it's WEN all the way! I picked up Alterna while traveling once and it was nowhere near worth the money for me. Having said that, WEN's CC isn't enough for me...I also need the treatment oil, styling cream and sometimes the texture balm for me to have happy, healthy and hydrated hair.