Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me find a good hair mascara that will add highlights to the hair?....I had shoulder length hair for a while....and was having it colored....and then decided that I wanted to see what my virgin hair looked like, so I got a really cute short cut and it took about 4 to 5 months for my "virgin hair" to completely grow in and to get rid of the old faded color....As you can imagine, it took lots of patience, but it was so worth it!

I love my new look.....so freeing and I am now embracing my beautiful "virgin hair"...It is a soft medium brown color and I have "natural platinum highlights" coming through the sides and crown area which are gorgeous and look great against my natural color...makes for a really nice contrast....So many compliments and a lot of people think that I have the highlights done at the salon..I'm now a partial platinum blonde....LOL

Anyhow, I would like to just highlight a little more in the crown area, so I am looking for a really good quality hair mascara....However, I'm having a really difficult time finding them?....I remember seeing them around not so long ago....My hair stylist carries something called Color Wow which is more of a creamy powder which you brush on, but I don't care for it....I checked at Sally's Beauty Supply and the Sales Rep told me that they have been replaced by the creamy powders.

So, of course, I thought to check with the Beauty Forum...I've googled, but all I have come up with are mascaras that are very colorful.

I'm counting on all of you to come through for me!

Thanks so much!....I will check back in later on!

Trusted Contributor

My mom loves that stuff Smiley Wink We just saw it at Elements Beauty Supply in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. It was $16 a tube but I think all the colors were wild, not natural hair colors. I just did a quick search on google for "hair mascara" and then chose Images. I saw a lot of them in the natural hair color spectrum. Maybe if you find a name brand online you can then find out where it is sold? Or order online?

Here are some links but I've never tried any of them. Hopefully someone else can vouch for how good these products are:

Kryolan

Miba

KJPA
Regular Contributor

Oops...double post!

Regular Contributor

KJPA....I just checked out Kryolan and they do have a shade that I'm looking for....I will call their Customer Service and check into their products...Those hair mascaras are great to add highlights here and there rather than going through chemical processing!

Thank you so much for taking the time....very much appreciated!

Trusted Contributor
On 7/25/2014 Me And My Shadow said:

KJPA....I just checked out Kryolan and they do have a shade that I'm looking for....I will call their Customer Service and check into their products...Those hair mascaras are great to add highlights here and there rather than going through chemical processing!

Thank you so much for taking the time....very much appreciated!

Thank you too MeAndMyShadow! If you hadn't asked I wouldn't have realized I could do anything other than wild colors! I may look into the more natural colors myself Smiley Wink

KJPA