Contributor
Hi! My nose and forehead are peeling after a sunburn and I was wondering if y'all have any ideas on how to get it off better? I use sunscreen but I went to an air show and apparently the runway was hotter than I thought. :/
Honored Contributor

If it's not too tender, try some gentle exfoliation with a washcloth.

ETA - afterwards, apply some aloe vera gel. Watch out for typical moisturizers because they can sometimes burn that newly exposed skin.

Super Contributor

I've been using a gel type exfoliater. It's called Vivo Per Lei. I picked it up on eBay. It is very gentle and might help the dead skin peel off. I would stay away from anything abrasive. I think that might make it worse.

Honored Contributor

I would let nature take its course rather than to hurry the peeling process. And I say this even with vivid memories of enjoying peeling off my skin after all my childhood and adolescent sunburns. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

You want your new skin underneath to be as ready as possible to face the world, not raw or not fully healed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
On 7/25/2014 myshell624 said:

I've been using a gel type exfoliater. It's called Vivo Per Lei. I picked it up on eBay. It is very gentle and might help the dead skin peel off. I would stay away from anything abrasive. I think that might make it worse.

Oh, that sounds interesting. Have you ever tried Cure Aqua Gel? It sounds like yours might be similar. I was trying to recommend something the OP could do now. Her peeling could naturally run its course if she had to wait for something in the mail.

Respected Contributor

I always keep a big bottle of pure Aloe Vera GEL in the fridge for times like this, too much sun, just any irritated skin. Make sure it is GEL and not the Juice, the gel is better imo, I get it in the natural section of Fred Meyer/Kroger, Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel.

Super Contributor
On 7/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Oh, that sounds interesting. Have you ever tried Cure Aqua Gel? It sounds like yours might be similar. I was trying to recommend something the OP could do now. Her peeling could naturally run its course if she had to wait for something in the mail.

Maren sent me a sample of Cure. I like this one better and its cheaper. I think it peels quicker and it seemed to take less effort. My skin was equally smooth with both. It doesn't have a scent either. The Cure smells like alcohol or something.

Honored Contributor
On 7/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Maren sent me a sample of Cure. I like this one better and its cheaper. I think it peels quicker and it seemed to take less effort. My skin was equally smooth with both. It doesn't have a scent either. The Cure smells like alcohol or something.

I ordered one from Missha during the sale, but have half a bottle of Cure to use up. I like that one a lot and have been using it for quite awhile...don't really notice a funny scent to it.

Super Contributor

I just got over a retin-a burn, flaking skin issue. It's not my first time either. I did try aloe gel but it irritated my skin more. This last time I was with the clarisonic and a delicate brush head. Then patted some argon or rose hip oil on my skin. Emu oil works also. The one thing that actually helped my skin heal the fastest was a high zinc sunscreen. Zinc heals and after 2 days my skin was back to normal. Actually it looks better than before it burned.

Honored Contributor
I use my salux cloth and gently massage it away...then apply argon oil