Super Contributor

Korres body butters...tested at Sephora...odd smells...almost smelled old...all of them???

I went to Sephora yesterday and wanted to test the Korres body butters. They had Guava, Fig, and two more (can't remember names) with testers. When I opened the lids to try them, they ALL had an odd smell....almost an old smell...not quite rancid but just not what I was expecting. I couldn't tell if it was just the fact that they use more natural ingredients or were they ALL really old? None of them had a pleasant scent when I first opened the tube. They even had smaller tubes of the same scent....same thing for every tube I opened. I did apply the Guava to my hand...it really didn't have much of a scent to it at all.

I am fragrance sensitive, so I don't like things that are very overpowering or highly scented, but I was expecting them to have at least some sort of pleasant scent.

In your experience, when you open the tube (fresh), do they really smell scented, or do they have an odd smell? Do you have to apply them in order to make the fragrance come alive? Let me know your experiences please.

Super Contributor

Re: Korres body butters...tested at Sephora...odd smells...almost smelled old...all of them???

I think any testers that allow people to dip their fingers get contaminated and turn.

Honored Contributor

Re: Korres body butters...tested at Sephora...odd smells...almost smelled old...all of them???

I will admit I am the odd one out but none of the Korres scents appeal to me. Some of them I find outright gross. The line isn't for me.

Honored Contributor

I tried Korres once. No odd smell but I thought they had a greasy feeling. I would not purchase again.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 ennui1 said:

I think any testers that allow people to dip their fingers get contaminated and turn.

These are in a tube so there should be no fingers in the product.

But I don't know how long those testers sit there.

Super Contributor

On 7/25/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 7/25/2014 ennui1 said:

These are in a tube so there should be no fingers in the product.

But I don't know how long those testers sit there.

Yes...they were all in tubes.

Esteemed Contributor

I have used Guava for years and love it. Smells clean. Do not care for the Fig. Smells like pepper.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

They must have been old. I like the Jasmine & Basil Lemon. I don't care for the Guava. I think it smells like something a man would wear. I think it's greasy if you use too much. It only takes a small amount.

Respected Contributor

I have sniffed most of them and dont like the scents either. I never tried this line so I, at least, wanted to try it so I bought their white grape ts. I got use to the scent but it is not a repurchase. The lotion is also a bit too thick for me. If it was a bit thinner it would be great.
Honored Contributor

I don't know what would cause that. I've opened Korres body butters over a year old & the scent was perfect and so was the texture. I've been very impressed with that. I also love that you use so much less product than with other similar products.