Respected Contributor

St. Tropez Dry Self Tanning Oil vs. Skinn Collagenesis Bronzing Oil

Dimitri is offering the bronzing oil separately this time. Anyone care to offer an opinion? I would greatly appreciate reviews. TIA!

Super Contributor

Re: St. Tropez Dry Self Tanning Oil vs. Skinn Collagenesis Bronzing Oil

I have both and I also self tan, when I put the Skinn on it takes my self tanner away! So, I have not use it on my body anymore. I tried it on my face without much luck.

Respected Contributor

Thank you Beautymogul. The salon where I go does spray tans and the owner did say that oils will remove a self tanner. Do you like the St. Tropez?

Contributor

I love the St Tropez Oil - it is a self tanner, The Skinn product is a bronzer, not a self tanner. For me in hot and humid Texas, my body eats any self tanner....so I have been using the St Tropez Oil every day on my neck, chest and arms, and I mix it with a bit of lotion for my legs. I also use it on my face once a week. I am pretty pale and people have complimented me on my tan this year. I also mix things up and use the St Tropez mouse overnight a couple times a week. I don't mind the smell and I love the extra color that the regular and dark mousse gives, but my 52 year old neck doesn't look good with the mousse on before I wash off the guide color.

Respected Contributor

On 7/25/2014 dallasaggie said:

I love the St Tropez Oil - it is a self tanner, The Skinn product is a bronzer, not a self tanner. For me in hot and humid Texas, my body eats any self tanner....so I have been using the St Tropez Oil every day on my neck, chest and arms, and I mix it with a bit of lotion for my legs. I also use it on my face once a week. I am pretty pale and people have complimented me on my tan this year. I also mix things up and use the St Tropez mouse overnight a couple times a week. I don't mind the smell and I love the extra color that the regular and dark mousse gives, but my 52 year old neck doesn't look good with the mousse on before I wash off the guide color.

Thank so much for your input. I really appreciate your feedback. My skin is dry and many self tanners tend to dry me out. The idea of an oil is very tempting. Have a good day and thank you for your reply.

Contributor

On 7/25/2014 Tricolor said:

Thank so much for your input. I really appreciate your feedback. My skin is dry and many self tanners tend to dry me out. The idea of an oil is very tempting. Have a good day and thank you for your reply.

Your welcome! I understand the self tanner drying your skin, and even though it is hot and humid here, the St. Tropez is not too sticky. And....I like the idea the St. Tropez gal gave about mixing it in the palm of your hand with your favorite body lotion!

Respected Contributor

On 7/25/2014 Tricolor said:

Your welcome! I understand the self tanner drying your skin, and even though it is hot and humid here, the St. Tropez is not too sticky. And....I like the idea the St. Tropez gal gave about mixing it in the palm of your hand with your favorite body lotion!

I would like to try it mixed with my moisturizer. One more question did you find that it rubbed off on sheets or your clothes?