Super Contributor

Need help with long lasting lipstick

Can someone give me a recommendation for a moderately priced lipstick that will actually stay on. I have tried Loreal, Maybelline, Revlon, Clinique to name a few with no success. Starts coming off in less than a couple of hours even with no food or drink involved. TIA
Trusted Contributor

Re: Need help with long lasting lipstick

MAC pro long wear lip color will not budge until you use a remover to take it off, in my experience. The only down side is that it is a bit drying, so you do have to reapply the gloss that comes with it.

It's $24, so a bit higher than moderately priced IMO. (Might be $26 now -- I can't remember, sorry.)

I've also had pretty good luck with MAC's satin lipsticks. If you get a color with some pigment, they have decent staying power and I think they are $16.

Super Contributor

Tarte lip surgence lip creams are very long lasting

Super Contributor

Maybelline 24 Hour Color will stay all day. You have to reapply the ""gloss/balm"" every so often but the color remains. It's all I use.
Honored Contributor

Budget?

Loreal has some good long lasting lipsticks Infallible

or Make Up Forever, and Chanel have the lipstick in one end and a gloss on the other both similar I find the Chanel in combo with the Chanel waterproof liner lasts all day. Its a bit more money

Honored Contributor

Try some of the big fat lip coloring pencils out now. L'Oreal has them and most major brands. Some of them say they are part stain and part gloss. That should be sort of what you are looking for. They look like a pencil only they are very large.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

One reason I've worn the Revlon Moondrops (blackish tube) lipsticks for 40+ years is because they last for hours. Perfect for when I was working full time - I'd apply in the early morning and it would last till I ate lunch. But, everyone's chemistry is different and it may not last on you. $5-7, depending on where you buy them.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

When you apply lip liner, put it over your entire lips and blot. Then use whatever lipstick or gloss you wish. You will have color on your lips whether or not the top coat wears off.

It took me a long time to learn that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Cover Girl Outlast All Day Lipcolor. Been using it for many years and it wears better than any of the others on me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/25/2014 soonersis said:

Cover Girl Outlast All Day Lipcolor. Been using it for many years and it wears better than any of the others on me.

This!

It won't come off until I physically remove it.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.