Super Contributor

Sally Hanson Miracle Gel nail polishes and top coat...

I purchased this yesterday (individually, did not realize there were sets in limited colors for less money).

I got the color "Sugar Fix", a periwinkle blue, and the top coat.

They say you do not have to use a base coat, but on the advice of reviews, I did. Went on VERY sheer, and really needed three coats. I understand that other shades are more opaque. It seemed to dry faster than regular polish. I then applied the top coat and just waited for it to dry, instead of using a quick dry top coat.

This is supposed to last around 10 days to two weeks, but I am not finding it to be so. My nails are very shiny, but on day two, I am already seeing wear at the tips, and a divet in my thumb nail.

Pretty color, nice shine, not nearly as long lasting as I had hoped.

If you decide to try it, look for the sets of two---one color + the topcoat. Significantly cheaper than buying separately, but only in a limited color selection.

Super Contributor

Re: Sally Hanson Miracle Gel nail polishes and top coat...

SmileHi Kate, I just posted about this in another thread. I bought the duo today at Target in Street Flair, which to me looks like a lavender-taupe shade. It's a very pretty color. I will do my mani tomorrow and see how it does.

I looked at the Sugar Fix choice, that is a pretty color too. Maybe you would have better luck with the coats if you leave out the base coat? I think I will leave off a base coat and just apply the polish, hopefully it will work out and will wear well for me.

I am excited about this product. I am sure other companies will come out with the same type of product as I'm sure many ladies want an alternative to a salon gel mani.

here's Street Flair, it looks really purple in this picture.

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel, Street Flair- .5 fl oz

Super Contributor

Kate, here's your Sugar Fix:

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel, Sugar Fix- .5 fl oz

Super Contributor

I bought this last week in a light pink. Can't read the color. I was really dissapointed in it. It lasted about a day, then got dents and chips in it right away. For the price, it should have lasted much longer. Will not buy again. Forgot to add, when I took the nail polish off, the pink color sort of imbeded itself in my nails. I had to buff them like crazy to get the color off.

Valued Contributor

Not sure if this is helpful since I don't use the Gel products BUT ---- I always use OPI polish then the OPI Top Coat and my polish wasn't wearing well. Someone gave me 2 bottles of Sally Hansen Top Coat and WOW! My polish ""popped"" and stayed shiny like a gel treatment. My last home mani has now lasted two weeks --- I put a fresh Sally top coat on every 3-4 days. Zero chipping or peeling. What a nice surprise!! P.S. The Sally base/top coat which gives awesome gel-like results is DOUBLE DUTY. FYI.
Honored Contributor

Best top coat ever is SH Mega Shine Extended Wear in the mirrored bottle. Best dry time, shine and smooth like silk.

Respected Contributor

On 7/25/2014 beautty said: Not sure if this is helpful since I don't use the Gel products BUT ---- I always use OPI polish then the OPI Top Coat and my polish wasn't wearing well. Someone gave me 2 bottles of Sally Hansen Top Coat and WOW! My polish ""popped"" and stayed shiny like a gel treatment. My last home mani has now lasted two weeks --- I put a fresh Sally top coat on every 3-4 days. Zero chipping or peeling. What a nice surprise!!

Which Sally Hansen top coat? I have weak nails and search for a hardening top coat to make my polish last more than 1 day.

Super Contributor

Ladies, if you want a polish that really lasts, check out Sephora X Formula. I have been using this for quite some time and I really love it. It looks like gel nails, removes with regular polish remover and they have many colors. I polish my nails about every 2 weeks, the polish really works with no chipping, and no, I don't work for Sephora!

Honored Contributor

I haven't tried the miracle gel but in general I like the Sally Hansen polishes. I find them to be enduring. I have a couple shades of insta DRI, hard as nails and a lustre shine
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting your review of these, kate.

I saw the ad for these and was super excited to go check them out. Now, I'm not so sure. I wish there was a already a tried & true gel mani brand in stores that WORKED-without the harmful effects of an LED light or other steps.