Trusted Contributor

My nail has broken really low down. I just bought some nail glue to try to save it. Has anyone used it with any success? Any tips? I bought it in Wally World and it was so inexpensive that I bought 2 different brands. One has a long dropper and one has a brush like a nail polish brush. TIA!

Respected Contributor

Nail glue and a silk warp may help you to grow it out.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/24/2014 tigriss said:

Nail glue and a silk warp may help you to grow it out.

Do you mean ""wrap""? Where do you buy wraps?

Occasional Contributor
If you have tea bags, you can cut a portion off and use that with the nail glue to secure your nail. Hope this helps.
Respected Contributor

It is basically a piece of very fine cloth, like a tea bag (Awesome tip Swedish42), working quickly, apply the glue (the brush tip would work well for this) and then the piece of tea bag, hopefully cut to fit well over the tear if not the whole nail, and then another layer of glue for good measure. File when dry as needed to smooth the tip and prevent snagging.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks ladies!

The instructions on both brands don't mention using the wrap. It says to just use the glue and hold the nail in place for 3-5 seconds. Have you done this or do you always use the wrap also?

Super Contributor
On 7/24/2014 turtle52 said:

Thanks ladies!

The instructions on both brands don't mention using the wrap. It says to just use the glue and hold the nail in place for 3-5 seconds. Have you done this or do you always use the wrap also?

Hi turtle, here are silk wraps from Sally Beauty:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/adhesive-nail-tabs/SBS-239175,default,pd.html?green=7EB5CF86-CDDE-598F-A...

They also offer fiberglass wraps (I like both) as well as a wrap kit, which includes nail glue as well as a spray which accelerates the nail glue drying time. If you use two coats of nail glue before and after applying the wrap, and also cover the nail edge with glue, you should be able to grow out your break for several weeks without replacing the wrap. Use non-acetone polish remover (if you apply nail polish over the patch), to extend its wear.

HTH!

Lola
Trusted Contributor
On 7/24/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Thanks ladies!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/adhesive-nail-tabs/SBS-239175,default,pd.html?green=7EB5CF86-CDDE-598F-A...

They also offer fiberglass wraps (I like both) as well as a wrap kit, which includes nail glue as well as a spray which accelerates the nail glue drying time. If you use two coats of nail glue before and after applying the wrap, and also cover the nail edge with glue, you should be able to grow out your break for several weeks without replacing the wrap. Use non-acetone polish remover (if you apply nail polish over the patch), to extend its wear.

HTH!

Thanks! I just applied the nail glue without a wrap as per the instructions. So far so good...

Regular Contributor
On 7/25/2014 turtle52 said:
On 7/24/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Thanks ladies!

HTH!

Thanks! I just applied the nail glue without a wrap as per the instructions. So far so good...

I have had to glue many breaks/tears that are low on the nail (where the skin is still attached and it would really hurt to pull it off). I usually glue the tear or break and then file it down smooth after it dries. Unfortunately the glue never lasts long and the break will open up again. The ladies that told you to use the silk wrap or tea bag piece were giving good advice, IMO. The silk wrap works well if done correctly and will allow the break to grow out. I have never used a tea bag but I will do this next time!

Honored Contributor

You can always use plain old Krazy Glue, same thing.