Trusted Contributor

New Milani Bella Eyes Eye Shadow

I decided to try these new eye shadows from Milani when I read some good reviews of them. Picked up 6 of them at CVS last week. They were $4.69 each and with their BOGO half off sale and $4 off $12 cosmetic purchase, I got all 6 for less than $19, quite the bargain. They come in 30 beautiful colors in three finishes: Satin Matte, Shimmer, and Metallic. I got Betta Ivory (Satin Matte), Bella Violet (Shimmer), Bella Champagne (Shimmer), Bella Silver (Metallic), Bella Teal (Metallic), and Bella Copper (Metallic).

I was going to wait until I had tried all of them to do a review, but as I will wait until I use up some similar colors in my makeup stash, that might be a while. But I have tried the Violet and Teal so can report on those. They are described as a powder gel but I don't get the gel part, seem like powder to me, but a very silky powder. They are highly pigmented and go on smoothly (I used an eye shadow brush). The Violet is a beautiful shade of purple, exactly what I was hoping it would be on the eye. I used the Teal today as an eye liner and it is a vibrant turquoise color that went on smoothly. They are supposed to be able to be used dry or wet and I've done both. The Violet I used on my lid dry and the Teal for the eye liner was used wet. These have great staying power (I always use a primer first, however).

They remind me of Laura Geller's eye shadows and eye rimz which are my favorites. For the price I paid I think these will be a welcome addition to my eye color collection and I'm anxious to try the rest of them.

Contributor

Re: New Milani Bella Eyes Eye Shadow

thanks sooner! i'm an eye rimz fan too and would love to try something similar/less expensive. i'll definitely check these out. you got a great deal

Super Contributor

I have them, too. I don't find them to be anything special. I still like my Bobbi Brown cream shadows better.

For those who are interested, there are lots of reviews of them on YOUTUBE.

Enjoy.

Super Contributor

I am really impressed with the staying power of the one I tried. I didn't even use a primer today and the Bella Ivory stayed put in 95 degree weather. I just apply with my fingertip...easy peasy.