Super Contributor

Hi All:

Had Gel manicure taken off and nails are a mess. Taking Biotin, Gelatin and using Nailtek. Any other recommendations.

Nails are breaking thin peeling.

Respected Contributor

I started using Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin & Nails supplement about a year ago, & started using Nailtiques Formula 2 about 4 months ago. I've had great results & no longer have the weak & peeling nails I used to have. They are strong, yet somewhat flexible & I finally have some growth beyond the tip of my fingers. In fact, I'm finding that I have to file them down quite often. I've tried many, many products over the years & this is the first time I've had such good results. I quit the gel nails about 2 years ago.

Good luck!

Super Contributor

I would use some grape seed oil or olive oil on my nails at night and then I would use Qtica Natural nail growth stimulator........moisture I think would be the key here. Even some coconut oil on them.

Honored Contributor

My solution after removing acrylics was TIPS.

Honored Contributor

How did you have them removed, did you take them of or was it done by a salon

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

i had terrible nails after stopping my gel polish manis. my nails were so thin and fragile that they would break constantly. after doing a lot of reading and research, ... this is what helps.

i have starting using cuticle oil. i oil 3-4 x a day. when its time for the mani this is what i use:1 layer of cuticle oil (and let it sit for a while before buffing off) 1 coat nailtek, 1 coat of orly bonder, 2 coats of NP, 1 coat of quick dry top coat. every couple of days i add another top coat.

what has happened is that all those layers have protected my nails. i have not had a break since i started doing this: plus the bonus is that the mani will last a good week (with proper application)

i think that now i do my mani better than they do at the salon!

good luck and keep us posted!

Respected Contributor

I didn't do anything special after the the last time I had the polish removed, I just left them alone. I haven't had polish on my nails in two years now. If you aren't using a glass file you'll want to consider one. I use a Nail Tek crystal file. It just seems to help, and my nails somehow grow faster than before and they grew fast to begin with.

Honored Contributor

Duri Rejuvacote, guaranteed to repair acrylic and gel damage.

Super Contributor

I went through the exact same thing last month when I stopped my gel manicures. I've been using OPI Nail Envy for Sensitive and Peeling Nails along with Solar Oil rubbed over my cuticles and nails, and have been very happy. This Nsil Envy is formaldehyde free, formaldehyde irritates my skin. I can't use Nail Tek, Naiktiques, or Duri Rejuvecote because they all contain formaldehyde.

Respected Contributor

Yikes! I've heard that gel nail polish, but I didn't know it did this to the nails. What's in it that would cause the nails to break and peel?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder