Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried Josie Maran's new mascara?

I know Sephora has it as one of their free samples with purchase too. I was wondering if anyone has tried it. Her original one is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried so I am really hoping this one is supremely improved. TIA!

Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Josie Maran's new mascara?

I received a sample from Sephora. I used it for one day and threw it in the trash! It left my lashes very hard and crunchy, and it wasn't a very dark black.

Honored Contributor

On 7/24/2014 Lanikins said:

I received a sample from Sephora. I used it for one day and threw it in the trash! It left my lashes very hard and crunchy, and it wasn't a very dark black.

ugh, sounds like it is as bad as the first one. Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

I got ne fro Sephora also. It's OK but not one I would buy.

Frequent Contributor

I must be writing in short hand today. I mean I got one from Sephora...

Frequent Contributor

Just got it today in an order I placed with her online site. I will report back tomorrow after I try it. I broke down and ordered the Argan cleanser.

Valued Contributor

On 7/24/2014 CrystalBlue1 said:

Just got it today in an order I placed with her online site. I will report back tomorrow after I try it. I broke down and ordered the Argan cleanser.

The cleansing oil? You will love it! I had been using the Tatcha one but couldn't justify that price tag. I really like Josie's and haven't looked back.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/24/2014 Lanikins said:
On 7/24/2014 CrystalBlue1 said:

The cleansing oil? You will love it! I had been using the Tatcha one but couldn't justify that price tag. I really like Josie's and haven't looked back.

Yes I just got the cleansing oil today from her website. I cannot wait to try it. I am on a Josie Maran kick right now. I recently bought some of the coconut water shadows, the oil cheek stains, the body butter which I am in love with and the balm. I am also on a simple sugar kick since yesterday I got 3 of those facial scrubs. I have to say no to anymore skin care products.

Super Contributor

Yes, yes, yes and I LOVE it. It makes my lashes look fake and I have had no problem with flaking or smudging. I like that it has stuff in it that actually may be good for my lashes.

Honored Contributor

I have come to the conclusion that Josie's skincare/body products are great but her makeup really needs some help especially tinted moisturizer shades, mascara, etc. Her Light 1 tinted moisturizer was so yellow/orange so I thought the Fair should work -- WRONG. The Fair was sooooooo yellow, I could not believe it. Fair women will have pink undertones before yellow. It was horrible. Her old mascara smudged too much because it had too much argan oil in it. I did not try the new one and won't.

kindness is strength