Frequent Contributor

Has anyone tried the argan oil products from Vitacost. Their prices are so tempting. I love Josie Maran's products but I was just wondering how they compare. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased any of them myself, but the few I checked out surely get high marks from the reviewers. Comparatively, it's a much smaller investment so even if you don't like it for your face, you aren't out much $$ and can use it up on your elbows, heels, cuticles, etc.

Honored Contributor

acure Organics sells argan oil and marula at very reasonable prices. iherb.com sells acure at discounted prices too. acure has very good products.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Well I would give up all my beauty products for Josie Maran's!!...I have tried others and for my skin nothing compares....Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

When it comes to argan oil look for COLD-PRESSED. Even though a product is usda certified, 100% organic, natural, etc doesn't necessarily it is the best you can get. Cold-pressed is the way they get the oil out of the nut, instead of heating it up and getting it out that way. Heating it takes away from all of the nutrients, vitamins, etc you can potentially get from argan. You'll know if it's cold-pressed because the description will say so (companies WILL brag and let you know). Cold-pressing is the more expensive way to get the oil out, however you get better products that way (hence the price difference from JM to other argan oils).

Honored Contributor
On 7/23/2014 CaitlinH said:

When it comes to argan oil look for COLD-PRESSED. Even though a product is usda certified, 100% organic, natural, etc doesn't necessarily it is the best you can get. Cold-pressed is the way they get the oil out of the nut, instead of heating it up and getting it out that way. Heating it takes away from all of the nutrients, vitamins, etc you can potentially get from argan. You'll know if it's cold-pressed because the description will say so (companies WILL brag and let you know). Cold-pressing is the more expensive way to get the oil out, however you get better products that way (hence the price difference from JM to other argan oils).

I think that was the reason I passed on the Acure when I saw it in the store last month. I couldn't find 'cold pressed' anywhere on the label and I just checked their site and it's not mentioned there at all, either. You can get cold pressed argan oil without paying Josie Maran prices. Check out Garden of Wisdom online.

Super Contributor
I ordered my argon oil from Amazon. I think I might try marula oil next. Do you like it better, those who have tried it?
Honored Contributor
On 7/23/2014 addiegal said: I ordered my argon oil from Amazon. I think I might try marula oil next. Do you like it better, those who have tried it?

If your skin is really dry you may like the marula. I switch between oils. I have found that all oils make your skin soft.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Shea Terra Organics Argan oil is certified organic and is cold-pressed. It's $24 for 2 ounces, but the site has a monthly 30 percent off promo. It is an excellent, high-quality oil with a pump dispenser.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland