Super Contributor

DOLL 10 Hydra Fluid Foundation - any thoughts?

Has anyone tried this foundation? Read some of the reviews and they were mixed. Wondering if this is just as good or not better than my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Thx!

Frequent Contributor

Re: DOLL 10 Hydra Fluid Foundation - any thoughts?

I saw that presentation last night. Haven't read any of the reviews but the foundation looked like goop on tv. It looked severely heavy and the model looked as if she had spread crisco all over her face? Really greasy-looking! She did not look like she was enjoying the product at all.
Trusted Contributor

Is the gal's name Doris who sells it? I caught her talking about mineral oil in it and then saw her do a test of putting it on her hand and getting her hand wet and watching the water bead up. I've always been told that products with oil are not good for your skin because it doesn't allow your skin to breathe. That being said, I've used Argon and the Tarte oil and never had problems with them making my skin anything but soft. BUT, as far as this makeup goes, I didn't care for the consistency of it on Doris' hand or that it was so water resistant.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Shogirl said:

Is the gal's name Doris who sells it? I caught her talking about mineral oil in it and then saw her do a test of putting it on her hand and getting her hand wet and watching the water bead up. I've always been told that products with oil are not good for your skin because it doesn't allow your skin to breathe. That being said, I've used Argon and the Tarte oil and never had problems with them making my skin anything but soft. BUT, as far as this makeup goes, I didn't care for the consistency of it on Doris' hand or that it was so water resistant.

I know, when she applied the makeup to the back of her hand, it looked really thick. I think her demo probably cost her a few customers. Glad you already have a foundation you love!
Super Contributor

it looks good to me..

Regular Contributor

I have not tried this but am tempted. That being said, Maybelline has a new, similar foundation out called Dream Wonder Fluid Touch foundation.

Maybellime Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation Fall 2014

They also have a new, all nude eyeshadow palette that I just love!

Maybelline Dare to Go Nude Eyeshadow Palette

Don't make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.