Valued Contributor

Has anyone here tried the Clarins Glow Drops?

Hi Ladies,

I've pretty much given up on any attempt to self-tan---however, I've been reading great reviews of these Clarins Drops. You add a few drops to your face moisturizer and you gradually get a "glow". Many users say that this works well on legs and arms, too.

Anyone? I've read the reviews on Nordstrom, MUA, and Sephora. Generally, all good. But I always need to get the straight scoop from my Beauties here. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

TIA{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone here tried the Clarins Glow Drops?

Anyone?
Super Contributor

Kicking for you, glmama. I haven't tried it, though, sorry.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Maren. Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Anyone?

Okay. I will consider this a closed thread and slowly back away from the computer...

Honored Contributor

I have! I tried the Clarins drops and the Tarte Maracuja Bronzing Serum.

Both were very effective. The Clarins I added to the moisturizer, as described, and it gave me a lovely glow overnight. The Tarte oil I used in place of a moisturizer and it also gave me a lovely glow. I have fair skin.

When I used the Clarins, I used three drops and mixed up enough moisturizer to cover my face, neck, ears and chest and wrapped it around to the nape of my neck. I was worried that I would not use enough the first time and if I mixed more to get the rest of me, I'd be darker in some places than others. It was a lovely and subtle glow with no unevenness. I could have used it again the next night to get deeper color, but I left it. I didn't like the smell, but I went to bed soon after and didn't have to smell it very long. It was easy to use and I would recommend them. I did get a small breakout (2 pimples) after using it, but I can't tell if that was the product or just stress and hormones. (I was getting ready to be in a wedding out of state and dealing with dress fittings, travel plans, etc so it was stressful.) It worked well for my fair skin.

The Tarte oil went straight on with no mixing, though I'm sure you could also mix it into a moisturizer if you wanted. It gave me even more subtle color that the Clarins drops and I opted to use it two nights in a row. It was very easy to use. Initially it felt a little tacky after I put it on, but that did not last long. It has a light floral scent and smelled nicer than the Clarins version. I did not notice any breakouts after using it. I would recommend it for fair - light people looking for a little glow, but I don't think will make anyone a bronzed goddess and you might need something more if you want more than a subtle glow.

I expected to only use these for the wedding, but they were both good enough that I will use them again. I just need to buy a slighter darker foundation to match - I didn't like the one I bought for the wedding.

Occasional Contributor

I use it and love it. Adds just a little glow. I like the fact I add it to my regular moisturizer, no new product needed. And, very cost effective. I have been using daily since April and have a lot of product left. I have a fair/light complexion with cool under tones.
Respected Contributor

Love the Clarins Drops. It really gives a beautiful touch of color without looking fakey. I mix it with my moisturizer using about 3 drops.

Trusted Contributor

I too have the Clarins drops. I like the product, especially the concept, but I will pick and choose the times I want to use it. Not a fan of the odor, and find that the odor lingers for a couple of days. I have a very sensitive sense of smell though, so it may be just me. I does give a nice natural glow.