Respected Contributor

I had problems w/the 1st bottle of this product-felt like dried egg white on my face. ASDM sent a 2nd bottle gratis and I can immediately tell the difference and it's very positive. It isnt milky and absorbs almost immediately. It is really good (so far) for helping some of my hyperpigmentation. Just an FYI for those interested.

Trusted Contributor

Re: ASDM Vitamin C Serum Update

I'm so glad the replacement bottle is working out for you.

What is the texture of the serum like, is it like a lotion or a watery serum?

Respected Contributor

It is a light gel/lotion, perfect for summer use and under a moisturizer.

Super Contributor

Maestra,I am so glad that they replaced that for you and you are liking it.

Susie, it is a cross between watery and a cream (a thin cream). Their other serums are about the same as well.

Trusted Contributor

Excellent! I've also been looking at their other Vit. C serum with ferulic acid and I can't decide which one to try, lol!

Respected Contributor

This is the one w/MAP. I have rosacea and it hasn't flared my skin. Other Vit. C serums have not played nice w/my skin. I'm trying to reduce sun spots.

Super Contributor

Wonderful! I'm so happy you contacted them, and not surprised they did the right thing. I know they're pleased you like it now!

I've been using it for maybe a month, and I can't really give an objective review of the lightening/brightening because I've also been using hydroquinone, but my skin IS lighter and brighter! I know that some have mentioned they saw more noticeable results from this than from other brands of Vitamin C, so hope you will, too. :-)

Super Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Sweet Susie said:

Excellent! I've also been looking at their other Vit. C serum with ferulic acid and I can't decide which one to try, lol!

Susie I keep eyeing it as well but I'm afraid my skin will freak out.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I'm presently using NCN's Vit. C serum, it has L-ascorbic acid and MAP with ferulic and it's more of a watery serum, not a lotion. I like it very much but was interested in trying one of the Vit. C serums from ASDM mainly because it's a better price, lol.

The ASDM Vit. C serum has two oils in the formula that concern me, rice bran oil and argan oil. I'm concerned they will cause problems on my oily T-zone.

The other ASDM Vit. C serum with ferulic acid doesn't have those oils in the formula and is probably a better choice from my skin type although it doesn't have MAP in it, only L-ascorbic acid.

Super Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I'm presently using NCN's Vit. C serum, it has L-ascorbic acid and MAP with ferulic and it's more of a watery serum, not a lotion. I like it very much but was interested in trying one of the Vit. C serums from ASDM mainly because it's a better price, lol.

The ASDM Vit. C serum has two oils in the formula that concern me, rice bran oil and argan oil. I'm concerned they will cause problems on my oily T-zone.

The other ASDM Vit. C serum with ferulic acid doesn't have those oils in the formula and is probably a better choice from my skin type although it doesn't have MAP in it, only L-ascorbic acid.

SS, the ASDM absorbs really fast and doesn't leave any residue like a moisturizer or lotion or oil would. I don't THINK you'd have a problem with it.

I'm actually going to try NCN's soon, because I want a more "watery" consistency while I'm using the HQ and retin-a. Are you happy with it? Any brightening? :-)

I'm amazed at how reasonable ASDM's prices are.