Super Contributor

Do you like Laura Mercier Lip Glosses?

Nordies has 5 for $50 regular $83.....how is the consistency? Are they watery like Tarte and Anatasia?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like Laura Mercier Lip Glosses?

I am not a lip gloss gal but I received 3 samples of her lip gloss and I actually wore it. It is NOT sticky, beautiful shine and creamy feeling. Her lip glosses are not cheap. $25 ea. so that is a real deal that you mentioned. Her sheer lipstick is very, very nice. It still gives color and it is hydrating for the lips and just light feeling. I love it. You know, Macy's carries LM which surprised me.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't think Tarte or Anastasia glosses are watery, so I don't know if I can help here. I have one of the Lip Plumping glosses and I love the color. It doesn't feel thick and it has a lot of slip (maybe that's what you mean by watery?). It's not sticky. I don't know how the others are for scent or fragrance. The plumping version is slightly fruity, but also has the plumping taste of cinnamon or mint. I don't think the plumpers plump (I don't think any brand of plumper does), but the color I have - Peach Glow - is my favorite.

Keep in mind that the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale set is a set of mini glosses. They're all 0.1 ounce instead of 0.16 ounce.

Super Contributor

You are so correct they are minis.........so really it may not be a good deal..........I love Chanel Twinkle number 11 and I wear it over my pink lipstick and cream lipsticks and well over all lipsticks and it changes the color nicely.......and mini I can't wrap my mind about how tiny that is.....so maybe a person could use one tube everyday for one month and it last? Thank you for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

Ribbon, if you like Chanel Twinkle and are looking for something similar, you might want to check out Bobbi Brown Shimmer or High Shimmer glosses.They're not cheap, but they're a few dollars less than the Chanel Glossimers. She has several that are lighter shades with a gold flash, like Beach. If you like a gloss that's light but "stickier," then take a look at Clinique's Long Lasting Glosswear in Guava Gold might be good. It's a very pale peachy shade that has a gold flash that changes lip color. That one is $15.

Valued Contributor

Yes. I haven't purchased a new one in a looong time, but if you're referring to the Lip Glaces, I really like them. I went through a Lip Glace phase.Kiss

Trusted Contributor

Laura Mercier's Opal lip gloss is one of my favorites. I saw that kit at Nordstrom the other day and it was very nice.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Super Contributor

On 7/22/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Ribbon, if you like Chanel Twinkle and are looking for something similar, you might want to check out Bobbi Brown Shimmer or High Shimmer glosses.They're not cheap, but they're a few dollars less than the Chanel Glossimers. She has several that are lighter shades with a gold flash, like Beach. If you like a gloss that's light but "stickier," then take a look at Clinique's Long Lasting Glosswear in Guava Gold might be good. It's a very pale peachy shade that has a gold flash that changes lip color. That one is $15.

Thank you ChynnaBlue......love your nic...........

Super Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Stargazer77 said:

Laura Mercier's Opal lip gloss is one of my favorites. I saw that kit at Nordstrom the other day and it was very nice.

How fun to go into Nordies. I was going to do that when I was in Houston but I did not make it in the store.........boo hoo..........so can you describe the colors of the $50 set and you said it does have Opal in it? Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Laura Mercier has great lip glosses!! Are they the Lip Glaces?

That's why I use and they are not watery at all. They are a nice consistency - You can't go wrong with the price on these at Nordstrom either!