Regular Contributor

Color blind here......Fair skin,greyish blonde hair.brown eyes.senior citizen..........Tia

Super Contributor

Anything in particular you are looking for in your eye shadow?

I think matte shadows would probably work best for you. Paula's Choice nude mattes is a great collection. Physicians Formula has a nice matte collection too that you can find at most drugstores.

Honored Contributor

I think anything with amber would look great on you with your brown eyes. This one by IT cosmetics would be nice. I don't have it, but I do intend to get it. (My eyes are hazel.) A218087

It Cosmetics Anti-Aging Shadow Trio & No Tug Shadow Brush

Respected Contributor

Are you actually colorblind or are you just using that in a funny way? If you're really colorblind, you probably need both suggestions for colors as well as brand name/color names that meet those criteria (since oftentimes color names don't actually tell you what the color is!)

I have dark brown eyes and fair skin too, but I also have dark brown hair, so I would imagine you would want to stick to lighter colors or a lighter hand in applying than I use (copper, plum, grey, green for the most part).

I never thought about a color blind woman choosing color cosmetics before. I wonder if you will be able to tell the difference in how your eye shape/contour looks and that's how you would decide what colors look best on you?

Frequent Contributor

My favorite place to go to for eye shadows (assuming you're not really color blind) are places that have testers, like Sephora or Mac store.

I only swatch them on my hands though, so it still may not come out 100% to my liking some times when applied with my makeup. But at least I get to see their texture, amount of sheen, etc. That's how I found my favorite eyeshadow, Mac Arena.

Regular Contributor

Thank you Ladies

Really color blind.....I do see some colors, but not many. I usually stick to neutrals.....the amber sounds nice will take a look.......

Regular Contributor

Wen,how right you are.......many brands do not state color Fancy names or numbers do nothing for me. I ask sales associates what the colors are.

Honored Contributor

Bobbi Brown's Sandy Gold is beautiful. It's a ;ong lasting crème and lasts all day with a hint of shimmer (not over bearing). I am 64 and wear it. It will open up and brighten the eye area. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Go to your drugstore and look at the Almay line of eye shadows for your color of eye (brown)and see what is available, they usually have at least three different color choices available. This gives you the chance to experiment with colors and see how they look on you, they also have a guide as to how to put them on. Let us know how you make out.

Regular Contributor

Thanks again.,off to walgreens..........