Super Contributor

Best Drugstore Anti-Aging Skincare line

What is the best drugstore anti-aging skincare line that you have found to reduce signs of aging like fine lines and dull complexion? Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best Drugstore Anti-Aging Skincare line

Olay Regenerist!

I use their cleanser and Micro Sculpting Cream as well as their new Luminous Moisturizer.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I agree with the choice of Olay Regenerist.

Ever since department store brands have left my face stinging and red-looking, I keep returning to Olay.

For several weeks I have been using their new "Olay Regenerist Superstructure Cream with Sunscreen SPF30" and have found it gentle, soothing and good at coaxing a vibrant tone without making me light up like a chili pepper. My skin is very sensitive to harsh ingredients and I have, like many of you, old bottles of promise that never paid off strewn in my medicine cabinets. (I've been tossing them out.)

At night, I use their plain and simple "Night of Olay" cream -- no Regenerist or anything in it. My skin needs to rest but be moisturized.

I remove my makeup with Pond's cold cream, which I have used faithfully since I was 12 years old. Never, ever strayed.

When it was available, I used Phisoderm to cleanse my facial skin, but the brand departed from the market. Now, I keep trying to find its replacement, but I have never found anything I like as much as good ol' PH-balanced Phisoderm.

Respected Contributor

I am also using Regenerist. I just started a couple of weeks ago but so far I like it.

Honored Contributor

I don't recommend any one single line across the board. Choose a gentle cleanser like Purpose and if you want a moisturizer, go with CeraVe. But also consider adding an Alpha Hydroxy Acid treatment product. The Alpha Hydrox company sells many of their products through drugstore and big box stores. You can start out with a 10% treatment product (gel, lotion, or cream). At some point you may want to move to the 12% Souffle. I'd also consider regular, gentle exfoliation to take care of the dullness. At some point you might consider prescription Retin-A, it's the best anti-ager out there.

Esteemed Contributor

Goldie,

I see pHisoderm products at Big Lots.

The Olay Superstructure cream, do you have to apply that every two hours? I recently got an Olay sunscreen moisturizer and it said it has to be applied every 2 hours. I wondored if that was normal.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Honey, thanks for the info on Phisoderm. I thought it went off the market because it was "outdated" or something.

As for the Olay Superstructure cream, it has the SPF included, but I use it as my moisturizer under my foundation. I thought that is what it was intended for. So, it goes on only once a day, and that is before I apply my makeup in the morning. I love its creaminess and texture and that it is gentle as it does its work. (I'm not expecting miracles!)

Also, I just purchased, for the first time, Josie Maran's argan oil. Every few days I mix it with my Olay Superstructure cream when I apply it before my foundation. I think I like the argan oil, but I'm taking it nice and easy. My skin is extremely fussy, and so I don't want to get aggressive with treatments.

Super Contributor

Alpha Hydrox has good AHA's and a good Retinol product. I know Walgreens carries it.

Valued Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Goldie76 said:

I agree with the choice of Olay Regenerist.

Ever since department store brands have left my face stinging and red-looking, I keep returning to Olay.

For several weeks I have been using their new "Olay Regenerist Superstructure Cream with Sunscreen SPF30" and have found it gentle, soothing and good at coaxing a vibrant tone without making me light up like a chili pepper. My skin is very sensitive to harsh ingredients and I have, like many of you, old bottles of promise that never paid off strewn in my medicine cabinets. (I've been tossing them out.)

At night, I use their plain and simple "Night of Olay" cream -- no Regenerist or anything in it. My skin needs to rest but be moisturized.

I remove my makeup with Pond's cold cream, which I have used faithfully since I was 12 years old. Never, ever strayed.

When it was available, I used Phisoderm to cleanse my facial skin, but the brand departed from the market. Now, I keep trying to find its replacement, but I have never found anything I like as much as good ol' PH-balanced Phisoderm.

Goldie, there are a TON of phisoderm products on Amazon if you don't mind ordering from there. They even have a subscription program which is like auto-delivery.

Honored Contributor

Honey, I now recall what happened with me and my love affair with Phisoderm. Over a decade ago they changed the product, and I no longer liked it. Therefore, I have not noticed it any longer on the shelf of my local CVS. It all came back to me after I searched for the product online just now and saw the bottle.

guatmum, thank you for the info. Just now remembered that I did not like the changes to the product.