Honored Contributor

Sorry for going OT here but I think it might get more views and answers

I use ALL free pods for my laundry, I love the ease and not having huge detergent bottles around, but lately the pods seems to be sticking together and bursting in the container.

I am wondering if how and where I am storing them might be the cause, I have them in the tub, but I cut the top in half for ease of use and they are in the cabinet in-between the dishwasher and sink.

Thank you for any thoughts you might have on this annoying situation

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor
They do best in an airtight container to keep the moisture out. I was getting the sticking together problem pretty bad last summer. All stuck more than the tide pods too, for what it's worth. Thankfully I didn't have any burst. I didn't have any more sticking problems after transferring to the tupperware. Hope that helps!
Honored Contributor

don't use them but I think they would need to be keep dry, are there any storage directions on box?

One more caveat about laundry detergent packs. Their coatings are designed to dissolve quickly in water, meaning you'll need to handle the packs with dry hands and keep the containers sealed to lock out humidity.

just found this as I thought the coatings must be made of something that easily dissolves in contact with water.

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly what jack said. High humidity can destroy the entire box, even if it's "sealed."

I received some pod samples from Tide. The first one was great, the remaining ones, not so great.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I find that if I keep containers with pods in a cool, dry place, it helps a lot.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor
On 7/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Exactly what jack said. High humidity can destroy the entire box, even if it's "sealed."

I received some pod samples from Tide. The first one was great, the remaining ones, not so great.

what didn't you like?

I would;t use them because I like to do smaller loads and it wouldn't make sense to use a whole pod for that. I also don't use fabric softener, which I think they come with. (might be wrong on that) + expensive.

I was going to get them for my kid for college because I thought it might be easier for him, but the cost was 3 or 4 times liquid

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the replies, decided to move the container that they are in and when this is done buy a new one and keep it closed. Hopefully this will work

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I use Tide pods and I love them. I've not had any sticking or breaking. Do you live where it is extremely hot? Maybe they are in a hot car too long on the way home? Try putting them in an insulated bag if so. Keep the lid shut on the container after opening. Try a different brand if this doesn't work.

By the way, I think I'd take them back to the store if they are ruined. They need to be made better than that if that is what they are doing. Like I said, no problems with the Tide ones.

Respected Contributor
On 7/22/2014 jackthebear said:
On 7/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

what didn't you like?

I would;t use them because I like to do smaller loads and it wouldn't make sense to use a whole pod for that. I also don't use fabric softener, which I think they come with. (might be wrong on that) + expensive.

I was going to get them for my kid for college because I thought it might be easier for him, but the cost was 3 or 4 times liquid

I do agree I think they should make two sizes in the pods. One larger pod for normal to large loads with heavy soil and a smaller pod for light loads or clothes that are very lightly soiled.

Superb idea actually!

Honored Contributor

I use the Kirkland pods from Costco....like them better than Tide ones I was using...I do keep the lid on them so no problems but have problems with the Cascade pods I keep under kitchen sink.....may have to move them.