Super Contributor

MAC Fluidline Dipdown users, and those that want durable liners, I found 2 more

I wear hard contact lenses and use liner on my upper waterline so when I find a liner that stays put, doesn't flake off into my eyes, or transfers to my lenses, it's a real find.

Of the many, many, many that I've tried and used, my most favorite gel liner has been Mac Fluidline in Dipdown (matte brown). It met all my criteria. The latest pot I bought from Nordstrom a few weeks ago seemed to be a different formula, so I started looking for a replacement.

I tried 2 of Laura's, the InkCredible in Brown Sugar and the Inkwell Gel Liner in Brown. The Inkwell sticks to the waterline even better than the Mac, with no wear or flaking or transfer. I didn't try the InkCredible pencil on the waterline because it has glitter and I'm not putting any glitter on my waterline, but it performs wonderfully along the lash lines. So I've been using the Inkwell on the upper waterline and the Inkcredible above the upper and below the lower lashes. I love the sugary highlights in the Inkcredible.

I also tried the Inkcredible in the Teal and the Purple, and they are not pigmented and do not glide on well and really leave little color. Though, really, within most brands, varying colors of the same product will not perform the same, so I wasn't surprised. Since I really use the brown as my staple I was thrilled that the browns performed so well.

In addition to the above criteria, the final plus or minus for me is how a liner feels. If they meet all your needs, but just feel dry or like you can't wait to take them off, then it really doesn't matter how well they perform. These 2 of Laura's were really comfortable, not dry, not itchy, no burning.

Super Contributor

Re: MAC Fluidline Dipdown users, and those that want durable liners, I found 2 more

Thank you, I'm always looking for a liner that will last on my waterline.

Frequent Contributor

Re: MAC Fluidline Dipdown users, and those that want durable liners, I found 2 more

Great post.... Thanks. Where do you get Inkwell?