Respected Contributor

O/T ~ Remedies for Ringing in the Ears?

I'm having ringing in the ears problem. Went to the doctor (ENT) and he couldn't find anything wrong, said it's a common problem.

But, no solution to help with the problem.

Does anyone have this and what helped you?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T ~ Remedies for Ringing in the Ears?

I don't know how to spell it but it sounds like Tinnus. My late husband had it. If that's it there are things you can do to give you relief.

You can wear a kind of hearing aid. Look it up.

Honored Contributor

I have tinnitus. I wear hearing aids mostly for a high frequency loss, but they also help with the tinnitus. Increasing the volume of other sounds will mask the tinnitus. The worst thing for me is trying fall asleep in a completely silent room, especially at the beginning of the night. I always have to start out with the tv on. I'll never be able to give up my hearing aids, but I've had some luck using Citrus Bioflavanoids w/Hesperidin. They have been found to be helpful with circulation in general, and that would also include circulation in the ears.

Super Contributor

Although it's never been diagnosed, I believe I have tinnitus. also. There is always a low ringing in my ears that gets louder when there are no competing noises that would drown it out. It's especially loud at night, but I drown it out with my fan or "sleep-sounds" machine. I don't notice it as much during the day.

Respected Contributor

This is why I sleep with my TV on, not married, LOL. Gets really loud sometimes.....yuck.
Respected Contributor

I have tinnitus, also. It sounds like a bunch of cicadas buzzing! I sleep with a fan going in my bedroom & the "white noise" helps a lot.

Valued Contributor

I have it. The ENT said there really isn't anything that helps. There are times when I don't really notice it and other times it is annoying.
Super Contributor

Oh, if there only were. My husband has this really bad. Keeps him from sleeping.

Regular Contributor

Have had worsening high pitched screech from chemo. Getting worse. If I didn't use a CPAP at night, I'd never sleep. No cure.
Regular Contributor

You can try antihistamines and reducing sodium. Those work for some people.