Valued Contributor

A bit O/T: What do the Beauties think of Antioxidant supplements, like ALs?

Hi Ladies,

Years ago I took many supplements and really felt that I knew much more about vitamins, etc. Fast forward a bunch of years and I really am very focused about what I take--a D, a probiotic, and a flax seed oil capsule. However, I'm intrigued by AL's antioxidant blends, and wanted to know what the ladies here thought of these products. I eat fairly well, especially since I've been trying to lose weight and focus even more on adding more veggies to my day. My goal every day is 2 fruits and 3 veggies. Just best for my #s and the way I want to feel (also, doc and nutritionist approved).

Don't know if an antioxidant pill has been proven to help in any discernible way. I'm sure there have been studies done, and I will certainly look for them. But do my friends here feel one way or another about getting a boost of antioxidants from supplement form?

TIA{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

Re: A bit O/T: What do the Beauties think of Antioxidant supplements, like ALs?

Bumpin'.

Probably should have x-posted this in Health.

Respected Contributor

I don't know either. I have several of his supplements but rarely finish a bottle. Really unsure if they help or harm, have read both findings. I think his line is good if you do want to take more.

Valued Contributor

Desi-Thanks for your reply and opinion. Smiley Happy I x-posted in Health & Fitness to see if there were other opinions/experiences out there. I tend to agree with you on this one. However, I know when AL is on HSN, for instance, the Health forum usually has at least one thread going on what's best in AL's line. It seems that many take many, many supplements. And I was thinking I was in the minority on my feelings on this one. I've just backed away over the years from taking so many supplements. And then I'll see a show or read about experiences here and wonder if I should be doing more.

Contributor

Hi glmama, I take AL resveratol and have recently ordered the fruitful antioxidants, as it contains many fruits, especially the cranberry and pomegranate ( I find these too bitter to eat on their own, and juices have to much sugar). I also take his Multi vitamin and do notice a difference with it. I am much less achy and creeky. Smiley Happy. I also seem to have more energy. Hope this helps.
Valued Contributor

Thank you, SWII--I'll look at the antioxidant one again. The prices are good.Smiley Happy
Contributor

Your welcome. If you are considering it, watch the video of the presentation. What "sold" me was when he took the capsule opened it up and sprinkled it in a pitcher of water. The water turned purply /red. If purple is protective, this is it.
Super Contributor

I ordered the TS and the Hair Skin and Nails (primarily biotin) the other day.

I haven't taken any of his supplements since he was on QVC, but I really believe he's well researched, very knowledgeable, and has a real passion for health. I could really use a lot of his products, and when I finally get serious (beyond the multi and the biotin), his will be the first I try, probably.

I'm interested to see a presentation on turmeric -- they are finding it is so beneficial in so many ways! The research I've done gives different info/opinions, and even the really good supplement store I go to carries turmeric with "a" additives and "b" additives (both purported to be essential for maximal absorption), so I'd like to hear AL's take on it. Hopefully he'll spend some time on it next trip. :-)

Respected Contributor

Glmama, he got me, I got the smallest size on two things. Guess it can't hurt to try for 30 days or try a couple supplements a week, although I doubt I will stick with it. Andrew is very persuasive, lol!

Esteemed Contributor

I have some of his vitamins and almost brought a lot more today. Sixty minutes had a study a couple of months ago, following a few ninety year old people. The results of them being so active and in good health had nothing to do with vitamens, it was drinking two glasses of red wine a night, walking and dancing, keeping active, this I believe. In fact Leslie Stahl, the interviewer, ask the Dr. That was montering this group about taking vitamins, and the answer was vitamins did not help at all.