Contributor

This is how the European women do it or wear it or use it

I was raised in Europe came to this country at age 13, recently went back to Europe. European do what? They mostly do NOTHING QVC! No make up! no big fashion! terrible hair every where. American women have it much more together than Europeans! Propaganda you are serving up. Oh and bathing,still not a big deal over there. Stop putting down the American women like this comparison shame.
Super Contributor

Re: This is how the European women do it or wear it or use it

I can see that you're rather upset about this, but can you see that you just did the same thing as QVC, just in reverse? I believe you called it "comparison shaming"?

Super Contributor

I am just curious, what country are you from? My cousins were in Poland a couple of years ago adopting their children and they did say things were a bit behind in places. They were washing their clothing in the bathtub. Bathing wasn't always a top priority.

Respected Contributor

OP does have a point, IMO. Often the host or vendor will offer how European women wear things, what skincare they use, etc, as a selling point. As if we need to or should emulate European women. Wonder if they reverse it and tell Europeans how the Americans do things on the overseas shopping channels?
Super Contributor

On 7/19/2014 BellaCarro said: OP does have a point, IMO. Often the host or vendor will offer how European women wear things, what skincare they use, etc, as a selling point. As if we need to or should emulate European women. Wonder if they reverse it and tell Europeans how the Americans do things on the overseas shopping channels?

I'm not disagreeing that QVC often uses this as a selling tactic. I just thought it was rather offensive of OP to make generalities about all European women - such as "terrible hair" and bathing and self-care being unimportant.

Respected Contributor

I just came back from 2 weeks in France and I have no idea what OP talking about.Europe is a big place and who knows from what boondocks she came from. There are elegant people in both US and Europe. BTW I am European too.
Honored Contributor

My European ancestors came straight from the farm........(although some of my cousins think they are descended from royalty)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 7/19/2014 BellaCarro said: OP does have a point, IMO. Often the host or vendor will offer how European women wear things, what skincare they use, etc, as a selling point. As if we need to or should emulate European women. Wonder if they reverse it and tell Europeans how the Americans do things on the overseas shopping channels?

I'm not disagreeing that QVC often uses this as a selling tactic. I just thought it was rather offensive of OP to make generalities about all European women - such as "terrible hair" and bathing and self-care being unimportant.

I see your point, Colonel. BTW, I adore your nic. Been meaning to mention that to you for awhile,
Honored Contributor

Our daughter-in-law is half-Swedish and she isn't any different from a woman in the U.S. She likes nice clothes, wears make-up, takes a bath every day (sometimes 2 if she has worked outside) and has beautiful hair.

It is like saying everyone that lives in Missouri only has gone as far as the 5th grade and have outhouses. Oh, and we go barefoot all the time.

Super Contributor

On 7/19/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 7/19/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I see your point, Colonel. BTW, I adore your nic. Been meaning to mention that to you for awhile,

Thanks, Bella!