Super Contributor

Pores on red nose???????????

Sometimes my nose gets a little pink. I put on my BB cream or foundation and it all seems to go into my pores. Now it looks like a pink nose white pores. Is it the formulation or the color or what? Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Pores on red nose???????????

Hi ~ I have this issue at times. When exfoliating or using a peel pad, etc, my nose gets a double dose. Fore makeup, I use a primer first, and then use a light touch with a foundation brush when applying the foundation. If I use my fingers to apply, that is when i get the accentuated show of pores on the nose. HTH

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Even though it isn't necessary, I like using a primer with BB/CC creams. You might also try IT's Bye Bye Redness to spot treat areas before applying your BB Cream or Foundation.

Honored Contributor

Do you smoke? I did but I quit but before I quit I did have more redness on my nose & cheeks. Why? I have no idea. but I have a lot less now. I recently purchased Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cleanser to keep my pores clean and so far so good. Under $10. Does not leave any film on your skin when you rinse.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

green primer

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Korean Pore Cover. Drying, covers pores very well. HolikaHolika Magic Pore Cover, Missha Pore Cover (they also call their pore covers balms, pore balms). Skinfood has a Peach Sake Pore Cover. Skin 79 had a pore cover on ebay for 4.93 and Free Shipping. The Holikholika Pore Magic Cover Pact BB SPF35 is 10.50 and Free Shipping. I have both and I love, love the Magic Cover Pact. You can put your mu on and brush some of that on and it will cover the redness and make your pores flawless. I can wear that just by itself.

Respected Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Korean Pore Cover. Drying, covers pores very well. HolikaHolika Magic Pore Cover, Missha Pore Cover (they also call their pore covers balms, pore balms). Skinfood has a Peach Sake Pore Cover. Skin 79 had a pore cover on ebay for 4.93 and Free Shipping. The Holikholika Pore Magic Cover Pact BB SPF35 is 10.50 and Free Shipping. I have both and I love, love the Magic Cover Pact. You can put your mu on and brush some of that on and it will cover the redness and make your pores flawless. I can wear that just by itself.

Hmm, now that sounds like it may be worth a look. Which is your favorite?
Super Contributor

On 7/19/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 7/19/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Hmm, now that sounds like it may be worth a look. Which is your favorite?

My HG products are Lioele Gel Foundation (primer, pore cover, concealer, foundation and powder all in one) and HolikaHolika Pore Magic Cover Pact BB which covers pores and flaws or can just be used as a finishing powder. Either product can be used alone or together. The colors are neutral so they are not yellowy like our products. I have a Missha primer which is ok, the HolikaHolika pore cover is good but drying for me, Skin79 is nice but oddly a very pale lavender color which is probably color correcting. I like the Peach Sake on my nose and forehead to control oil, the only oily parts of my whole body that have oil. You can find most products on ebay, amazon, KOV Korean Beauty Products and roseroseshopdotcom also lioeletexasdotcom. Roserose has good prices but they charge shipping. Ebay has two US Sellers cost-sell and goldmiz. Non-US takes about 3 weeks to receive. All of the overseas sellers I've used have been outstanding. One product was lost in the mail so they air shipped another one to me. Another, also lost, refunded me right away. I also order non-mu items from China like nail stamps for .99, nail stickers, mesh laundry bags etc... They are so cheap and free shipping. Almost all Korean products have SPF also.

Respected Contributor

I swear by Hanskin, which is a Korean BB cream. It has SPF, primes and covers well. It takes down my uneven redness. If you apply it lightly, you can use powder foundation over it. If you put it on a bit heavier, it works alone.

The color is fairly irrelevant unless you are a deeply rich color, in which case it may be too light.

Respected Contributor

On 7/20/2014 Campion said:

I swear by Hanskin, which is a Korean BB cream. It has SPF, primes and covers well. It takes down my uneven redness. If you apply it lightly, you can use powder foundation over it. If you put it on a bit heavier, it works alone.

The color is fairly irrelevant unless you are a deeply rich color, in which case it may be too light.

Your Hanskin link goes to a Fagor pressure cooker....with steamer basket insert. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}