Super Contributor

How Some People Perceive Your Age In Years ... Not All See It The Same

Got a haircut yesterday. I have gone to this guy for at least 10 years. We were chatting about birthdays and such. I just had one a few weeks ago. Yikes!

Anyway ... He told me how old he was and I told him I just turned 59.

His reply .."Wow Tabby, I didn't know you were that old"! We had a great chuckle over that one. BTW ... I DO look my age!

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Super Contributor

Re: How Some People Perceive Your Age In Years ... Not All See It The Same

I usually get guessed younger. I also had the lady at the DS card me and she has waited on me quite a bit. She doesn't card me if I have one of the kids with me, lol. My goddaughters brother-in-law thought I was younger than him and he's 16 years younger than I am. I'd say good genes but if they are they aren't from my moms side and seeing my cousins a couple of weeks ago I am not sure about my dads side either. Ironically 20 years ago someone called me grandma when I was with my infant son, maybe because he's Korean and I am Polish.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy belated birthday! 59! You're a spring chicken! Smiley Happy I'm 61!

The other week I quipped something about 61 to my teen GD, (she full well knew my age), but she looked at me wide-eyed and said, "Wow, GM, you really don't look it!" I know I don't. It's more pronounced (that I don't look my age) when I carry on with the grandchildren! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think sometimes (often) people , esp. service people , will tell us we do not look our age as a compliment but it is not sincere. It is just a compliment to gain favor with you. i always take that with a grain of salt.

Super Contributor

what is wrong with looking your age??? Or just looking OLD? I get so tired of people saying they got carded at 65 or how YOUNG they look. Just be yourself, worry about staying healthy... do not worry about trying to look a decade younger. You will never fool anyone.

Super Contributor

A co-worker once told me I looked ""Youthful""! I was 35 at the time and she was 25!

Honored Contributor

Someone (where I used to work)........guessed my age to be about 87

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

If someone asks me to guess their age, I am always going to guess younger because I would not want to offend them. And if someone tells me their age, I am always going to gasp in surprise.

Why miss an opportunity to make someone feel good about herself? And I think they should do the same for me.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

As I mentioned, I've known this man for 10 years. We are good friends and speak our minds to each other. Not that it matters, but he is gay and he wasn't trying for brownie points or extra tip. We have just never talked about our age.

Gazelle ... just my point! We are not fooling anyone. Not saying I look 10 years younger than I am! I suppose I don't look too bad for my age, because, believe me, he would tell me so. teeheee.

Aging used to bother me a little bit, but I have let go of that.

I have gray hair, sun spots on my arms and legs, and cellulite. My face, neck and chest look pretty good because I use sunscreen. I try to eat right and exercise.

No Fooling ..... I am 59 and that's a fact!

Thank you, Harpa! ~smiles~

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Super Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Tabbycat said:

As I mentioned, I've known this man for 10 years. We are good friends and speak our minds to each other. Not that it matters, but he is gay and he wasn't trying for brownie points or extra tip. We have just never talked about our age.

Gazelle ... just my point! We are not fooling anyone. Not saying I look 10 years younger than I am! I suppose I don't look too bad for my age, because, believe me, he would tell me so. teeheee.

Aging used to bother me a little bit, but I have let go of that.

I have gray hair, sun spots on my arms and legs, and cellulite. My face, neck and chest look pretty good because I use sunscreen. I try to eat right and exercise.

No Fooling ..... I am 59 and that's a fact!

Thank you, Harpa! ~smiles~

Tabby- how true! Lets all stand naked and then say how young we look at 60ish. No one is foolin no one... if someone gets complements and it makes them feel good... enjoy it. But, the mirror does not lie.... only people Smile