Trusted Contributor

Increase in the Price of Paula's Choice Products

I love Paula Begoun and her products but I remember her saying that you really shouldn't have to pay more than 25-30 dollars for a one ounce. I just saw she has a one ounce retinol product for 55 dollars. I am sure it is great and maybe even worth it but it just makes me question her a bit. Thoughts?
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Super Contributor

Re: Increase in the Price of Paula's Choice Products

I've noticed quite often, you can get a comparable product quite a bit less than some of hers.

Regular Contributor

Yep, I've noticed. Been ordering for years for my family and my sister's.

Super Contributor

Her prices have went up over the years but so has the price of a lot of things. I notice that her products are advertised on a lot of websites now. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Her prices are still competitive but you can find cheaper alternatives for some of them. I know I was using her Resist Retinol Serum and I do like it but after hearing that it has less retinol than Alpha Hydrox Retinol product, I was a bit shocked. I've added Retin-a to my routine so I'm not in the market for a Retinol product but if I was, I think I'd try Alpha Hydrox. It's cheaper and has more Retinol.

Honored Contributor

I wait for the sales. I still buy her cleansers because a little goes a long way. A bottle lasts and lasts, and I'm still getting good results.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

On 7/19/2014 just bee said:

I wait for the sales. I still buy her cleansers because a little goes a long way. A bottle lasts and lasts, and I'm still getting good results.

Love her Skin Balancing cleanser. I try other things but always go back to this product. I agree, a little goes a long way. I keep a smaller bottle in my travel bag that's always pretty much packed and ready to go.

Respected Contributor

On 7/19/2014 DiscountDiva said: I love Paula Begoun and her products but I remember her saying that you really shouldn't have to pay more than 25-30 dollars for a one ounce. I just saw she has a one ounce retinol product for 55 dollars. I am sure it is great and maybe even worth it but it just makes me question her a bit. Thoughts?

I remember this also. Her products are okay and I've tried a lot of them. I always go back to other brands.

She has lost credibility with me through the years.

Esteemed Contributor

Every since she sold her company in 2012 the prices have gone up and the product line has expanded into some semi-questionable products. Not what it once was.

Respected Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Still Raining said:

Every since she sold her company in 2012 the prices have gone up and the product line has expanded into some semi-questionable products. Not what it once was.

I didn't know Paula sold her company. That makes a huge difference in everything.

Respected Contributor

Interesting. Yeah. I've noticed the gradual price increases and now some products aren't really worth the cost to me when I compare the amount of active ingredient to other brands. I'll continue with her AHA & BHA.