Frequent Contributor

Hormonal Acne on Chin - HELP

Hi ladies. I need your help. I am in my 40's, and I am now getting more acne on my chin. I think it is hormonal.

Is there any over the counter products that help?

I have tried Buzz on Acne, and it dried my chin out.

What do you use?

Thank you for your help.

Super Contributor

Re: Hormonal Acne on Chin - HELP

Paleo diet tips..... Much of skin problems come from poor diet choices....... http://www.paleoforwomen.com/hormonal-acne-where-its-coming-from-and-what-to-do-about-it/
Trusted Contributor

I also dealt (and deal with it) at 52. I don't know any specific item that will help per se. Although, I do exfoliate 3x a week and this is what I use that has helped clear it up:

Dr. Denese Facial Firming Pads

Dr. Denese Cleanser

Dr. Denese Hydroshield (it's important to keep your faith from drying out as it makes it worse)

I use (and have for years) Principal Secret moisturizer and exfoliation products. I also use a Principal Secret mask. They used to sell it on QVC years ago, but I buy now from them directly. PrincipalSecret.com

You can't control the hormonal stuff as it happens on its own. But I recommend cleaning well and wearing good make-up. I use Bare Escentuals and Tarte (for a change). I do like the new Bare Escentuals (Minerals) new serum foundation. It is hydrating and my fact seems to like the hydration it offers.

Wish I had a magic potion, but the best thing to do is not to put too much on it that might irritate it. Dr. Denese products have good ingredients that work to make the pores and face healthier.

Good luck! Getting older is no fun... no one told me I'd have pimples in my 50's!

New Contributor

I too had been struggling with hormonal acne for years but my step daughter clued me in on something that she started using and since it has worked for me I thought I would share it with you. Morning and night after I cleanse and tone I take one pump of Tamanu oil (Shea Terra Organics) and mix it with one drop of Native American Nutritionals "Purify" (you can purchase from their website) essential oil blend and apply it to my cheeks, jawline and throat. After that soaks in I continue with my skincare routine. The "Purify" essential oil blend is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral so it kills any bacteria that could be hanging around which could exacerbate acne. Since essential oils can cause irritation please be careful and use only a half drop at first maybe once a day. I personally, have very tough skin so the essential oils do not irritate me. You just have to play with it and see what works for you. Since following this routine I have been acne free for about 3 months and I couldn't be happier. Oh, for those of you that are familiar with Young Living essential oils, the "Purify" blend from Native American Nutritionals is a dupe of YL's "Purification."

Super Contributor

I would recommend Paula's Choice products - esp the skin balancing combined with resist lines. It really helped my skin. She also has a lot of good information there. She started off as an education/advocate type because she had her own beauty struggles and then eventually started her own line. For me, nothing has worked better than her products.

Good luck whichever road you go down.

TIP: Cover any red marks with sunscreen it helps to prevent the red mark lingering, and Vit C and BHA will help to fade them.

Honored Contributor

Old tried and true ""Sea Breeze"".

Esteemed Contributor

Acne can get bad when hormones get all mixed up. A dermatologist can prescribe for you to keep it from getting worse.

Isn't it just a kick in the pants to get zips with wrinkles? My face was worse in my 40s than in my teens.

Super Contributor

Check out the ASDM Beverly Hills website. They have several products and if you email them they are really GREAT about responding and giving you ideas on what to do. I don't have acne (at least I don't think so) on my chin but I have products overload spots. I started using tea tree oil and rose hip oil and they have really helped me. Look them up and see if you may want to try a natural alternative.

Respected Contributor

If the Buzz on Acne worked, I'd try to stick with that. How often were you applying it? Cutting back may be all you need to do. If you were using it twice a day, try once a day or even every other day.

I use the BOA and it is drying, but since I'm oily to start with I don't mind the dryness.

Regular Contributor

Ugh! I hear ya sister! I have been having the same issues at 39. A couple of months ago I tried Clinique's Acne Solutions Gel. I was actually surprised by how well it worked. It is relatively inexpensive and even the small bottle lasts a very long time. I like it also because I was able to continue with my other simple skincare routine. I hope you find something that works!