Esteemed Contributor

Root Lifter for short hair - help!

I've used and raved about Suave's Root Boost for years. I don't know if it's been discontinued or what, but it's getting harder and harder to find. I was at 3 drugstores this morning - nada. I'm getting desperate!

So I've started looking for a substitute, and I'd like your recommendations. I stood in the hair care aisles this morning and studied bottles for a similar product, and couldn't find anything but glossers and oils and de-frizzers -- none of which I need. I want an oil-free product - not a mousse or cream - that I can spritz on wet hair at the roots and then pouf with my fingers to style. Only a drugstore brand, please.

Could anyone help me? Thank you.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Re: Root Lifter for short hair - help!

Pantene makes a root lifter. I found it at Walmart.

Super Contributor

Paul Mitchell makes great products, in drugstores, I know you said spritz which they do have but they also make a wax which is awesome to lift short hair.
Honored Contributor

Regis Root Boost! Wouldn't be without it!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you! I looked at every Pantene product at Walgreens and Kroger this morning, and could not find a root lifter. Guess I'll keep looking for it!

I've never heard of Regis brand, loveschocolate. Where can I find it?

I appreciate all your suggestions Kiss

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

Tototwo - I could have written your post but with a different root lifter. I used to use Garnier's root lifter but I cannot find that anywhere. I have been looking for it for months at every store but no one has it. Like you I scan the hair products aisle only to find stuff that will smooth and straighten or add curls - there seem to be hundreds of those. I've never heard of Regis either but intend to try and find it. If I do, I'll let you know where. Good luck!

Super Contributor

You can order the Suave Root Boost online at soap.com

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Esteemed Contributor

wagnerdancer -- funny you should mention the Garnier. When I couldn't find my Suave last week, I started looking for the Garnier as a substitute. I can't find it either! What the heck is going on?!?

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 tototwo said:

Thank you! I looked at every Pantene product at Walgreens and Kroger this morning, and could not find a root lifter. Guess I'll keep looking for it!

I've never heard of Regis brand, loveschocolate. Where can I find it?

I appreciate all your suggestions Kiss

I get mine at Fiesta Salons but if you look online it's available many places. HTH!

Esteemed Contributor

My medium fine hair is a pain. When I changed hair stylists ten years ago, he used this product on my hair and I was sold.

catwalk - Root Boost - tall blue can

About 4 years ago, my Walgreens started carrying several Catwalk products, so was happy that I can pay less for this very superior product.