Respected Contributor

$7.00 On Shipping For A Blush?

This is so crazy. I am sure at the most it would cost a couple of bucks to ship.I was looking for this revlon discontinued blush and Amazon had it and when I saw it was for $8.00 I thought that wasn't so bad as I have seen it for sale on e-bay for $19.99 and up, but the s/h is ridiculous! Come on $7.00 for s/h? For me its not worth it. Make sure when you order form Amazon and e-bay you watch the shipping it can be way out of whack!!

Respected Contributor

Re: $7.00 On Shipping For A Blush?

Agree. You aren't getting a bargain if you have to pay a very high shipping fee. Some ebay sellers also charge unreasonably high shipping charges. I don't buy often from ebay but do check shipping charges before bidding on anything. If the price seems very low as a starting bid it is sometimes because the shipping charges are very high.

Esteemed Contributor

Butterfly, good for you for keeping an eye on the shipping.

Once I paid $6 for a $4 item. I kicked myself on that one.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

$7.00 shipping on a blush? {#emotions_dlg.scared} I usually buy Maybelline Dream Bouncy Gel Powder Blush at Target, and I don't think it even costs $7.00! It works as well for me as the Bobbi Brown blush I used to buy.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

These are the times when we all should be looking a shipping costs before we press the ""confirm"" button.

Honored Contributor

I can't tell you how many times the shipping fee and the tax charged for my state (10%) has made me cancel the whole order. Usually adds nearly 1/3 of the original price of the item. I ALWAYS check of ebay or amazon or even the products website for better prices and usually find them.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/18/2014 customer 5 said:

These are the times when we all should be looking a shipping costs before we press the "confirm" button.

Exactly! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} The few purchases I've made on Amazon were items sold directly BY Amazon, and shipping was free or very reasonable. Now I have something in mind that I may buy on Amazon through another seller, and I will make sure to watch the shipping charge.

Honored Contributor

I automatically add in the S&H/tax on anything I consider buying. I also do the math on the Easy Pay which also goes up. Nine times out of ten, I don't buy something even if I like it a lot, because of the extra charges.

And I am never going to pay $50-60 for a top. A jacket . . . maybe.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I consider only the total amount and purchase where that total is the lowest and the site is reliable.

Every once in a while I've had to pay more for shipping than the product price itself just because I really wanted or needed it and couldn't find it at a less expensive total cost.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 Madisson said:

$7.00 shipping on a blush? {#emotions_dlg.scared} I usually buy Maybelline Dream Bouncy Gel Powder Blush at Target, and I don't think it even costs $7.00! It works as well for me as the Bobbi Brown blush I used to buy.

Yeah, and then $6.95 to return it if you don't like it . . . which I just experienced with two LG lipsticks. That's $14 for nothing. That's it for ordering beauty products for me from TV. The colors are always completely different than they look on the models! Sometimes I keep them anyway, which makes me feel like a fool.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986