Contributor

HSN mails me thank yous with $10 gift cards!!! Why not QVC???

If QVC sent me a thank you with a gift card inside, it would make me feel nice and I would order something else. This is what HSN does, and now I order from them all the time.
Respected Contributor

Re: HSN mails me thank yous with $10 gift cards!!! Why not QVC???

Me too!
Super Contributor

They must feel they don't have to since they're bigger and more profitable than HSN without sending the incentives. Unless and until we start seriously taking our shopping dollars elsewhere, they probably feel they don't have to change much.

Respected Contributor

I have been buying more and more from HSN for all the shipping and discounts they offer. I still like QVC but don't find myself buying much due to high prices and the shipping costs are out of control. Just nuts about their shipping.

I have bought a bunch from HSN lately I hope they mail me something. Smiley Happy

(I did buy a lunchtime special today because it was something I wanted before and it was on a good Lunchtime sale.)

Esteemed Contributor

They pre approved me for an HSN card and I also got the $10 gift card. I love HSN..I have shopped with the Q since 1987..never so much as a thank you!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Valued Contributor

Overall I like HSN better (especially for shipping... why the heck when i order 2 tarte or 3 wen products they all come shipped in a separate box is beside me), but the Q has certain brands that i like to buy, if these brands were to move to another shopping channel i'd buy from that channel.

plus, i've found some killer steals on hsn while the q's clearance tends to be blah.

Honored Contributor

Good for you. QVC doesn't do that (that I know of) because QVC doesn't HAVE to resort to tricks like that to get people to shop with them. HSN isn't thanking you for anything. They buying your good will and hoping that you are so happy that you'll buy something else from them.

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 chrystaltree said:

Good for you. QVC doesn't do that (that I know of) because QVC doesn't HAVE to resort to tricks like that to get people to shop with them. HSN isn't thanking you for anything. They buying your good will and hoping that you are so happy that you'll buy something else from them.

If they are buying my goodwill and hoping that I'm happy, it's working. I suspect it's working for quite a few of us.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
New Contributor

I've been shopping more and more with HSN over the last few years. QVC seems to have the same stuff over and over again. I also like the price breaks / lower shipping costs at HSN too. I do still buy some things from QVC, but again not as much as I used to.

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 Tique said:
On 7/16/2014 chrystaltree said:

If they are buying my goodwill and hoping that I'm happy, it's working. I suspect it's working for quite a few of us.

You could be right about that. But, I noticed that HSN isn't a 24/7 shopping channel anymore. That came as surprise to me. They run repeat shows during the overnight hours. Not a good sign for HSN.....but......there will be a lot of enticements to attract new customers.