Honored Contributor

My heels are cracked and it hurts

I have been walking on concrete at the pool for the last two weekends and now my heels are so cracked they hurt.

I have not had this happen in a long time so I forget what works to make it better fast

TIA - Ellen

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Re: My heels are cracked and it hurts

The pad of my foot under my big toes used to peel and bleed at times. The only thing that works is rubbing them down with Bag Balm and putting socks on. I do it ever night after I shower.

The peeling/shredded skin is gone and my foot looks healthy and smooth. The summer may not be great for some to wear socks to bed, but Bag Balm all over the sheets is worse!

Contributor

The best thing I've found is Working Hands by O'Keefe. They also make a product called Healthy Feet, but they're about the same thing, and I didn't want to buy 2 products. This has been a lifesaver for our cracked fingers and heels. You can find it at Lowe's and a lot of hardware stores. It's a favorite of those who work in construction, etc.

Honored Contributor

If they are truly cracked, a couple days of OTC antibiotic ointment will probably be a good start. I love O'Keefe's and in the winter I also use Gold Bond in the white tube, with soft sox.
Super Contributor

Cerave SA Renewing lotion has completely saved my feet. It exfoliates with salicylic acid, but doesn't sting like Amlactin or other exfoliating lotions. I just discovered that there is also a cream version of this, which I will purchase once my bottle of lotion is empty. When my heels are super cracked, I will apply this lotion, then apply Alba Unpetroleum Jelly (a natural plant based product similar to Vaseline). I kid you not, by the next morning it's like I have brand new feet.

Super Contributor

I am barefoot or wearing sandals a lot so my feet can get in rough shape. This winter I bought some Josie Maran argan balm it worked wonders on my feet. Slather some on before bed and put socks on. The socks never seem to last the night though. Whatever you use out some socks on at least for an hour it helps get the cream in there good
Super Contributor

The emoji micro pedi will take off the rough skin, then follow with a good lotion and socks overnight.
Super Contributor

I remember walking around Las Vegas having blood spots on my socks due to cracked heels. Man that was painful!!! The only thing I had was a tube of Carmex. I had my sister squeeze some into the cracks and I never had another problem while I was there!!

Mind you, I still have the roughest heels known to man. I slather a thick cream on my heels every AM after my shower, use my Ped-Egg twice weekly and still they're rough. I'm thinking it's something I'll have to live with for the rest of my life. But I look on the bright side - I have feet, they're healthy and I'm able to walk. They may not be pretty but they work!!

Best of luck to you in your quest!!!!

Respected Contributor

My daughter is going through this now. I had her use my Emjoi then put on some Vaseline and white cotton socks. It is getting better now. I think the chlorine in a pool can be very drying. We have a pool and she is a nanny where they have a pool also. She repeats this every night.

Honored Contributor

My suggestion is go to your drugstore and speak to the Pharmacist (they always know the best products) or call the drugstore and ask. Personally, Vaseline will work if nothing else. Good luck.

kindness is strength