Valued Contributor

I was under the impression from the title of this Forum that it was ONLY Beauty-related. I'm seeing a lot of non-Beauty posts and wonder why there isn't another Miscellaneous Forum for topics such as medical issues or missing teens? It's such a jumble that the Beauty posts & issues seem to be getting lost. Thoughts, anyone???

Frequent Contributor
I'm fairly new here, but it seems as though quite a few of the ladies here have formed "relationships" with each other. They have become friends and seem to value each others input on many different topics. I suppose they post where they think their friends will see it. I never thought about it before, but you're right, A miscellaneous forum could be useful, but I just scroll past any topics that don't interest me. It doesn't bother me Smiley Happy I actually just found some forums named "among friends" and "viewpoints".
Esteemed Contributor

Many who posts on the beauty and fashion boards never go to the QTalk and Other Topics forums. Because of relationships already established that's why some choose to create occasional non beauty threads for discussion or to get feedback on the Beauty Board.

Valued Contributor
On 7/15/2014 MaggieOla said: I'm fairly new here, but it seems as though quite a few of the ladies here have formed "relationships" with each other. They have become friends and seem to value each others input on many different topics. I suppose they post where they think their friends will see it. I never thought about it before, but you're right, A miscellaneous forum could be useful, but I just scroll past any topics that don't interest me. It doesn't bother me Smiley Happy I actually just found some forums named "among friends" and "viewpoints".
Good points! I have noticed that many posters seem to know each other (in this limited medium) and I'm all for support & sharing. But "mattresses" & "weddings" ?? I'm perplexed why so many choose the Beauty forum for non-beauty discussions. Maybe it's at the top of the lineup and more relevant forums are hard to find? I'm tired of scrolling through so many non-Beauty posts.
Valued Contributor
On 7/15/2014 Trix said:

Many who posts on the beauty and fashion boards never go to the QTalk and Other Topics forums. Because of relationships already established that's why some choose to create occasional non beauty threads for discussion or to get feedback on the Beauty Board.

Do you think creating a new Forum for ""Sharing with Friends"" or whatever would be a good idea for the Q to add?
Honored Contributor

oh you haven't seen anything yet! Sometimes the main page has 4 or 5 OT posts in a row and many others scattered throughout the next few pages. I don't mind them normally but occasionally there gets to be too many.

Super Contributor

This is where the elite meet!

Simply easier to post in one place then to have to search out one forum after another...and many posters have gotten to know one another here and know to meet here...

Valued Contributor
I'm guessing OT means ""Off Topic""?
Super Contributor
On 7/15/2014 beautty said:
On 7/15/2014 MaggieOla said: I'm fairly new here, but it seems as though quite a few of the ladies here have formed "relationships" with each other. They have become friends and seem to value each others input on many different topics. I suppose they post where they think their friends will see it. I never thought about it before, but you're right, A miscellaneous forum could be useful, but I just scroll past any topics that don't interest me. It doesn't bother me Smiley Happy I actually just found some forums named "among friends" and "viewpoints".
Good points! I have noticed that many posters seem to know each other (in this limited medium) and I'm all for support & sharing. But "mattresses" & "weddings" ?? I'm perplexed why so many choose the Beauty forum for non-beauty discussions. Maybe it's at the top of the lineup and more relevant forums are hard to find? I'm tired of scrolling through so many non-Beauty posts.

I don't mind it at all...easier than having to go to different forums. There are separate forums for Viewpoints, TSV, handbags, etc. But if yougotten to know the posters HERE, then that is who you will be looking for comments from, I think.

Valued Contributor
On 7/15/2014 KateChopin said:

This is where the elite meet!

Simply easier to post in one place then to have to search out one forum after another...and many posters have gotten to know one another here and know to meet here...

""The Elite"" ?? How does one achieve that title? Does it have anything to do with Beauty & Beauty Products/Regimens ?