Respected Contributor

I am probably not saying this right!

I am referring to when they show lipstick or gloss. The models just put a small amount on and then make a show of rubbing their lips together.

I don't have the beautiful, full, lips, that most of the models do. But, I have never put lipstick or gloss on like that.

I tend to use more product, apply on top and bottom lip, and mostly leave it there. I may move my lips around a little, but NOT what they do on air.

Am I unusual, or do others question the way they do it?

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}

Respected Contributor

I don't "moosh" my lips together like the models do. I assume it's for effect, to give the illusion of softness, smoothness, creaminess; the idea that the lipstick actually makes their lips feeeeel soooo goooood. I think that if I did that enough that it would press all the lipstick toward the edge of my lips, in effect, creating an illusion of lip liner, but with no lipstick filling it in, if you get what I mean.

Respected Contributor

I don't use lipstick or gloss, but I remember from childhood (I'm 66) seeing my mom & other ladies doing that, then they blotted their lips on a tissue. Maybe it's not necessary nowadays with the current formulas used in lip color products.

Honored Contributor

I do that all the time.

Guess I'm a smacker or a smooosher.

Or both!

P.S. After I smooosh I add more if I think I want more.

Respected Contributor

I wear lipstick, but I cannot stand the way lip gloss feels on my lips......no smacking from me!!

Honored Contributor

That's the way I do it! I put it on the bottom lip, roll my lips inward and it goes on perfectly on the top. I have a sort of prominent bow and fuller lips, so I'm not sure the mechanics of it, but it works like a charm. Someone saw me do that in an elevator once and kept asking HOW I did it. Don't know. Just works for me.

Respected Contributor

LOL Those presentations drive me crazy! I don't do that either.

Super Contributor

ONLY GENTLY TAP MY LIPS TOGETHER..........IF I DID IT LIKE THE MODELS DO IT WOULD BE ALL OVER MY MOUTH ! LOL

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

If I did that with bright colored lipsticks it would be the "old lady with lipstick all over her face" look, yikes. I apply carefully, use a lip brush to make the edges perfect. Never do I smack or smoosh.