Valued Contributor

Smashbox on HSN tonight at 8pm

It looks like HSN has a Smashbox show at 8pm. I'm not sure if they already had one; but, I thought some of you might like to know!

Respected Contributor

Re: Smashbox on HSN tonight at 8pm

Thanks, maybe they'll have some additional products. There weren't very many when I looked the other day.
Regular Contributor

Got to say, I had a field day when Smashbox was on the Q. Their kits were sooo wonderful I usually got two of each. Yeah, we can be frank about cosmetics with this forum!!! So I ended up with almost all their brushes from buying the kits. Holly was a dream...such an educator. I think it'll be an uphill road for the next channel they'll be on.

Trusted Contributor

I saw two Smashbox shows and was not impressed at all. They were showing their Halo Liquid Foundation and a few other items. There was nothing new and barely anything with color. I thought they would have pulled out some great new color kits or products that would really demonstrate what this brand is about.

It was very boring for an introductory show -- Disappointed!

Super Contributor

On 7/14/2014 turquoisebb said:

Got to say, I had a field day when Smashbox was on the Q. Their kits were sooo wonderful I usually got two of each. Yeah, we can be frank about cosmetics with this forum!!! So I ended up with almost all their brushes from buying the kits. Holly was a dream...such an educator. I think it'll be an uphill road for the next channel they'll be on.

I too remember those days and loved Smashbox but the brand lost its' luster long ago.
Super Contributor

On 7/15/2014 Grade1Teach said:

I saw two Smashbox shows and was not impressed at all. They were showing their Halo Liquid Foundation and a few other items. There was nothing new and barely anything with color. I thought they would have pulled out some great new color kits or products that would really demonstrate what this brand is about.

It was very boring for an introductory show -- Disappointed!

I was disappointed as well. All the shows I've seen so far have been boring.

Honored Contributor

Add me to the disappointed list. I ended up changing the channel. I thought the set was hokey and I really don't care for the show host I saw hosting so that added to the disappointment.

Honored Contributor

I caught the presentation this morning. They must have spent at least ten minutes on the foundation, and in all that time, they spent maybe 30 seconds on the shade selection.

All in all, it was a rather awkward and clunky show.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I used to LOVE their lipgloss, but they have changed their formula and I don't like it nearly as much.
Super Contributor

I caught part of the show where Shannon was going on about the eyebrow pencil, and I thought hers looked too dark and didn't blend well with her hair. I changed the channel too. Maybe their just easing into HSN, and will have some good kits coming up. They did bring down the cost of Halo Powder from $59 to $49, they must have gotten them memo that everyone else lowered their price on the item, in case anyone's interested in that.