Valued Contributor

For those who use only cruelty-free cosmetics...

What are your favorite lines? Many of the lines I used to use either use animal testing themselves, or have been bought by larger companies that animal test. If you have a favorite, would you please post what specifically you like (i.e. foundation, lipstick, etc) Thanks!
Valued Contributor

Re: For those who use only cruelty-free cosmetics...

For my skin care, I use Paula's choice. I have some of her makeup as well. One of the drugstore ones I use is Physician's Formula.

Hope you are able to make the switch to cruelty free.

Honored Contributor

I use Laura Mercier foundation, translucent loose powder, concealer, lipstick and cake eye liner. I use Paula's Choice skin care and mascara. I use Alterna shampoo and conditioner. I'm on the hunt for a good lip balm that's cruelty free.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I was looking for a list of cruelty free companies. So far I found these 2 on one website:

http://features.peta.org/cruelty-free-company-search/index.aspx

Regular Contributor

I use Too Faced Shadow primer and eye shadow (awesome palettes), Urban Decay shadows and bronzer, Mally mascara (just ordered her shadow sticks too), ELF (mascara, shadows, blushes, glosses, etc.), and Josie Maran coconut gel blushes and matchmaker foundation, The Body Shop (glosses, highlighters, various items). There are probably other brands that I just cannot think of. I have products from other lines that used to be cruelty free but are no longer, usually through parent company purchase, and I will finish off the items that I have already purchased but I will no longer buy from them (I'm talking to you Tarte).

Valued Contributor

On 7/13/2014 NickNack said:

I use Laura Mercier foundation, translucent loose powder, concealer, lipstick and cake eye liner. I use Paula's Choice skin care and mascara. I use Alterna shampoo and conditioner. I'm on the hunt for a good lip balm that's cruelty free.

Paula's Choice has a great lip balm which has many other uses. I have it and both DH and I love it. Her stuff is cruelty free. HTH.

Honored Contributor

On 7/13/2014 NYwoman said:

I was looking for a list of cruelty free companies. So far I found these 2 on one website:

http://features.peta.org/cruelty-free-company-search/index.aspx

Paula's Choice dot com has a list of companies that do and do not do animal testing, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

NYX Brand. My daughter likes everything she has bought.

Honored Contributor

On 7/13/2014 Mandy Moo said:

I use Too Faced Shadow primer and eye shadow (awesome palettes), Urban Decay shadows and bronzer, Mally mascara (just ordered her shadow sticks too), ELF (mascara, shadows, blushes, glosses, etc.), and Josie Maran coconut gel blushes and matchmaker foundation, The Body Shop (glosses, highlighters, various items). There are probably other brands that I just cannot think of. I have products from other lines that used to be cruelty free but are no longer, usually through parent company purchase, and I will finish off the items that I have already purchased but I will no longer buy from them (I'm talking to you Tarte).

Sorry but both Urban Decay and The Body shop are owned by a parent company that tests (L'oreal).

Honored Contributor

Did you want cosmetics only or also skincare/body care/haircare?

For cosmetics here are good companies that I tend to use (all cruelty free, including not owned by parent companies that don't test):

-Mally (mascara)

-Too Faced (eye shadows, eye primer, lip gloss)

-Paula's Choice (eye shadows, I hear the mascara is good)

-Physician's Formula (Organic Wear CC cream is one of my favorites, eyeshadows, I am going to try their new Organic Wear CC Curl mascara soon)

-Blinc (mascara)

-Kevyn Aucoin (Mascara)

-Josie Maran (several things, including coconut gelee blush, matchmaker powder and serum foundations, TM, eyeshadows, etc)

-Missha (BB cream)

-RMS (cream shadows, luminizer, lip2cheek)

-Lorac (eyeshadows, eye primer is my favorite, foundation)

-Dr. Perricone (no foundation foundation serum, eventually will get the mascara, blush which have all gotten raves on alot of websites).

-theBalm (eyeshadows, lipgloss, blush. Many like the TM too)

If I think of more, I will post!