Trusted Contributor

It Cosmetics No-Tug Anti-Aging Gel Waterproof Auto Eyeliner Duo item #A240490 looks good. Sells out too. Of course some negative reviews saying it doesn't last or stay on. Do you ladies have experience with it? I don't always trust the reviews since people often seem to get the products mixed up, etc.

Also, what do you use to remove waterproof gel liners and is removal hard on your eyes?

TIA

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

Haven't any of the Beauties tried these? I was hoping to hear some of your reviews Smiley Wink

KJPA
Valued Contributor

Has anyone tried the new one in a pot? Any good? I'm interested because Jamie said it would never dry out which is the main negative of the gels.

Trusted Contributor

Blondelle, I think the IT gals must all be offline today? Let's bump this tonight and tomorrow to see if we can catch some of them later Smiley Wink

KJPA
Occasional Contributor

I haven't tried the gel pencil liners referenced in the original post, but I do use the IT Cosmetics gel liner in the pot. I have the rich plum and graphite and like them alot. As for not drying out, I did get through half of the first plum one I bought, and then it started getting to where it would be harder to get a smooth line with it, so it did dry out some. These are as good as the ones from Bobbi Brown in terms of intensity and staying power. The plum is a very pretty color and enhances my green eyes.

As for taking it off at night, I use Maybelline waterproof eye makeup remover (clear pink bottle; dual phase where you need to shake it to mix it first) on a cotton pad and just hold it over my eyelashes for a minute or two to melt both the liner and mascara. This seems to work really well and then I wash the rest of my face with a cleansing oil and then cleanser. There are other dual phase eye makeup removers out there - all major brands make them but since I use alot it is more cost efficient to use the Maybelline.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a set of the deep plum color because that's what was left. I couldn't get any pigment from it. I sharpened again and it did a little better.. but I really don't care for this one at all, and I'm pretty easy to please with several different liners. This one did tug.. but most of that was trying to get it to show up, which isn't good at all.

I should have sent them back because I won't use them.

Maybe it's just the plum color. Some of the reviews elude to that point- that the black and brown do just fine but there could be a problem with that particular shade.

I didn't check your link in the OP, but I bought the set of two of the same colored pencils.

If you try, I'd steer clear of plum- at least in the pencil form.

Trusted Contributor

I was looking at these yesterday, and because I had the same questions that you are now asking, I didn't order.

Trusted Contributor

Susan kay, I didn't order either....yet Smiley Wink Still deciding.

They don't look like pencils that you would sharpen such as Funloving described above. There is another duo that includes Plum and Highlighter (not Plum and Bronze). That item is #A253479 It Cosmetics Line & Brighten Anti-Aging Gel Waterproof Eyeliner Duo.

Fun, are those the ones you tried? I'm hoping those are the ones you used and item #A240490 are possibly better Smiley Wink If you sees this please let us know!

KJPA
Super Contributor
Yes, I've tried it and DO NOT WASTE your money! I used it on my undereye and on my waterline. It lasted about 1.5 hours (if that) on my waterline. The liner underneath my lower lashes lasted about 3 hours but it ended up smudging.
Honored Contributor

I love them!!!! I ordered the Duo last time they were presented and I got the Navy and Smoke and both are gorgeous colors-very saturated and last on me all day. I do use Trish McEvoy's Eye Base, but these last until I cleanse my face at night!!!!I want the Black and Brown colors next!