Respected Contributor

Need recomendations for a shampoo(not wen) that helps hair grow.

Especially if it is a salon brand I can get at Ulta or BeautyBrands.

I tried Tresemme Platinum Strong and A Dove Repair and they were extremely drying.

Would like a "salon brand" recommendation preferably.

Any luck with Tea Tree? I thought about getting Paul Mitchel Tea Tree. I hear tea tree is great for scalp/hair

Yes I know I am a shampoo addict! So sue me LOL {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I apologize if this is a repeat post. I do not remember If I started this before.

Super Contributor

Re: Need recomendations for a shampoo(not wen) that helps hair grow.

Make sure that rosemary is in the product's name, or listed in the ingredients on the label.

Also very helpful for a healthy scalp, which helps hair grow: castor oil, jojoba, wheat germ oil, aloe vera, lavender, & coconut oil. The earlier they're listed in the ingredients, the better.

This way, you don't have to be so brand-specific, and can use shampoos that are geared towards your hair type.

In fact, I'm DIY'ing my own concoction of healthy hair/growth oils, so that it can just be mixed into whatever shampoo I'm using at the time. I figure it may be cheaper and easier in the long run. 8)

Esteemed Contributor

kc, the shampoos you mentioned have a hefty dose of protein, which can make the hair feel dry or brittle. If you had good results from them, follow up with a moisture deep conditioner.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

Google the Nioxin family of products. Great stuff. I used it on and off for years. Try the scalp therapy product since you can easily use it with your favorite shampoo. For best results also try the shampoo for your hair type. I have to hunt around for it but you can also purchase online. Depending on your issue it should help. I use less of it now but keep it around to keep my scalp healthier which is often the root of many problems. Hope this helps. One tip: keep out of your eyes as it can burn like heck!!! :-)
Respected Contributor

On 7/11/2014 kcladyz said:

Especially if it is a salon brand I can get at Ulta or BeautyBrands.

I tried Tresemme Platinum Strong and A Dove Repair and they were extremely drying.

Would like a "salon brand" recommendation preferably.

Any luck with Tea Tree? I thought about getting Paul Mitchel Tea Tree. I hear tea tree is great for scalp/hair

Yes I know I am a shampoo addict! So sue me LOL {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I apologize if this is a repeat post. I do not remember If I started this before.

Nick Chavez Traditions Yucca Root shampoo has jojoba oil in it. It's closer to the bottom on the ingredient list, but it has lots of other good things in it, too. It's also very hydrating. Since Nick Chavez owns a salon, I'm guessing that counts as a salon brand.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

Do you want your hair to grow longer, or do you want hair growth to fill in thinning areas?
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

longer, my hair is not thinning. eeeks! lol

Honored Contributor

you should buy the Andrew Lessman TS at midnight
Respected Contributor

Go to one of those store or sites and just search for restorative/strengthening shampoo. There are tons! Find your price point, flavor of shampoo, and read the reviews paying attention to people that mention their hair type being similar to yours.

Respected Contributor

That didn't work so well....I went to Ulta and pulled their liter sale. I looked for restorative/nourishing/strengthening shampoo/conditioner. There are tons of them.

Folica has an entire section on damaging/repairing shampoo!