Regular Contributor

Beautiful 75+ year old woman's "secret"

Her skin was gorgeous...her "secret" was her nightly ritual of using only olive oil to clean her face.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beautiful 75+ year old woman's ""secret""

yep! true says this 77 yr old woman with great skin.I used olive oil before I switched to Josie's Argan Oil

I also feed it to my dogs, they have beautiful hair.

Valued Contributor

Sophia Loren always said the only thing she has used to cleanse and then hydrate has been olive oil. She started as a child.

Honored Contributor

I don't think my husband would want to sleep next to someone who smells like a salad...

Frequent Contributor

On 7/11/2014 chrystaltree said:

I don't think my husband would want to sleep next to someone who smells like a salad...

why not? Not only would you smell tasty, you'd be tasty too Wink

Regular Contributor

I tried it. I LIKE IT.
Super Contributor

Maybe we have been stripping our skin all these years with our creams and serums and exfoliants etc. I remember when Jennifer Lopez was selling her perfume on HSN she was asked about her skin care routine and she said she really doesn't believe that all the exfoliants, peels and derm abraisions etc. are good for the skin but that they harm the skin. Basically she said she is very gentle with her skin, doesn't do anything harsh at all and ticks to a basic routine without a lot of treatments.

Respected Contributor

OK, now I am intrigried. How do you do this, excactly? How do you get the oil off your face -- tissues?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Regular Contributor

Ms Peaches: I massaged the olive oil in and then I put a hot microfiber cloth on my face and kind let it steam and melt in before wiping it off with the hot cloth. I then added a few drops more to my palms and then pressed this moisture into my skin.
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/11/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

OK, now I am intrigried. How do you do this, excactly? How do you get the oil off your face -- tissues?

Just wash like you normally do with your soap.Then use a wet/damp wash cloth to remove it like you would soap. BTW they make bars of olive oil soap. There also is a company called Olivella that makes all these olive products.QVC used to sell it .Now you can buy it on Amazon.com

Then moisturize with a few drops of it. Face and body

I bathe and shower in it, all my life

Now I use both JM Argan oil and the olive oil. I do not believe in all those harsh face treatments and creams either. I only use the pure oils.